GT: Sox vs. Tigers...The Final Countdown Continues

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 01:32 AM)
What happened to all the guys who were upset when Wise got the call over Danks?

Not me. Not me. Now I want them to put that Wise drawing back on the outfield wall. One half of the drawing is back with the Sox.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be a stat that in the NBA, a scoring champion had never won a title. MJ destroyed that. Ozzie wanted to get away from depending on homers even though that and some great pitching got him a ring. Even on this board, homers were considered a bad thing for a while. For some reason people preferred doubles and singles. With a team that's not very fast, its not going to work unless you have .300 hitters with .370 OBP up and down the line up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
Guys that were no longer on the team, and really weren't all that significant of a player, probably was cheaper than you think. They had Orlando Cabrera game used for $30, and one of them I saw was actually signed.

Where was this?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 07:41 PM)
And the opinions of the 30 MLB GMs who refused to offer him a major league job this year. Dan Johnson is the epitome of the back up quarterback syndrome.

Did anyone say he should have been given a major league job? No, no one did. I'm saying that having Johnson start over Viciedo against Fister leads to a better probability of success. I posted that LH batters have a much higher BA against Fister (55 pts) and noted that Johnson has been mighty good against RHP the past several years, albeit in AAA. You just said he sucked. That's great and informative.