GT: Sox vs. Tigers...The Final Countdown Continues

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
Beckham with a late season resurgence.

Reminded me of Major League movie. "Too high, too high!!!"

"He'll need a need rocket up his ass to catch that one"

Edited by Baron

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
You could tell that was in the park by Cabrera's reaction.

The guys that are used to hitting them usually know if they are gone even if its by a couple feet, and they know if its short. The only X factor is how the wind will react. I read an article a few years ago which stated the only place the ball doesn't carry well and in fact it carried poorly at USCF, was if you hit it at the CF scoreboard. There have been a lot more homers to CF this year than I can remember. Maybe it was just the extra heat this summer.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
These Tigers announcers sound so deflated.....

How come Hawk only gets hammered for his homerism?

Depends on who you are listening too. I like their TV guys. Tigers TV broadcast one of the best IMO.

BTW anyone going to watch As vs. Angels on mlb.com?

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
Gordon forgives you. As a few of us have said all along....and as Hawk and Stone are discussing, he is a plus defender and his offense is nothing but icing on the cake.

THIS!!!!

I honestly couldnt care less if he hit, but his defense is second to NONE in the MLB at 2B & defense is huge in this game. He has more range & saves more runs for our pitchers than any other 2B in the game.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
Guys that were no longer on the team, and really weren't all that significant of a player, probably was cheaper than you think. They had Orlando Cabrera game used for $30, and one of them I saw was actually signed.

My Bajenaru jersey was $75.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 07:49 PM)
Did anyone say he should have been given a major league job? No, no one did. I'm saying that having Johnson start over Viciedo against Fister leads to a better probability of success. I posted that LH batters have a much higher BA against Fister (55 pts) and noted that Johnson has been mighty good against RHP the past several years, albeit in AAA. You just said he sucked. That's great and informative.

The post before I mentioned his major league numbers, and you waved them away like it didn't matter. They prove he has sucked massively at the major league level. Worse than anything Gordo or Dayan have done, by far.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
Depends on who you are listening too. I like their TV guys. Tigers TV broadcast one of the best IMO.

BTW anyone going to watch As vs. Angels on mlb.com?

I like their announcers as well, but their emotions have been getting the best of them since the Tigers started this road trip/skid & rightfully so.

Every announce team in baseball are homers. Just because Hawk is better at it doesnt mean he should get hate....especially from OUR fan base.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)

My Bajenaru jersey was $75.

Cabrera's was 3 years old and they had 3 or 4 of them, they may have had them priced to sell. Did you get the Baj jersey while he was still with the team or soon after he left?

After he was traded.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
I like their announcers as well, but their emotions have been getting the best of them since the Tigers started this road trip/skid & rightfully so.

Every announce team in baseball are homers. Just because Hawk is better at it doesnt mean he should get hate....especially from OUR fan base.

They should be a homer. When the Sox won the WS, people who complain about Hawk being a homer were complaining Joe Buck wasn't excited enough.

Boesch always seems to hurt us, somehow.

Half of his homers this year are against the White Sox.

Another near miss from Peralta, this time to RF.

August or day games, those Cabrera and Peralta balls might have been homers.

70 pitches for Peavy through 4. That should at least get him through the 6th, then you'll have the usual debate about whether to pull him or leave him out to begin the inning with a reliever.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
They should be a homer. When the Sox won the WS, people who complain about Hawk being a homer were complaining Joe Buck wasn't excited enough.

Exactly & I agree with that. Joe Buck has an extremely boring voice.

The broadcasters MAKE the game with their calls & excitement, & Hawk IMO is the BEST at it.

Atta boy JAKE