9/17 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way I can't believe how f***ing pathetic it is to lose 8 out of 9 (en route to 9 out of 10) to the team you are directly competing with neck-and-neck for the division crown. It's laughable.

This is why I said I'd just rather forfeit and move on. We can't beat Detroit and unfortunately we can't beat KC, either and we got 3 in a row coming up in KC. Yikes. It's OK cause it is what it is but we gotta win the division in spite of Detroit n KC. It's still possible. That's just 4 losses.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)
Who's whining? You were completely dismissive of an accurate post in the most glib way possible. Translation: it was a dick comment meant solely for the purpose of chastising someone without bringing anything of merit to the conversation. You always whine about people complaining about a bad player (Beckham), but then see statistics and they aren't good enough for you, your eyes tell you differently. Um, that's the same f***ing thing, since unless you're the real Dick Allen I don't think you know "dick" about playing in the Majors either.

You complain every game, every sport. A thread title includes you complaining about fantasy leagues. I don't know why one would continue to watch sports if it pisses you off so much. Do something that makes you happy.

Fans can cheer for the players, and they have a right to criticize them. The Sox deserve criticism when they have the bases loaded and don't score a run. And they deserve criticism when they crap down their legs everytime they play the team that they absolutely have to beat.

And as far as whether or not hitting is easy, no it's not. When the BEST hitters succeed about 33% of the time, that should tell you how easy it is. However, what we're most pissed about here is the fact that these guys (getting paid millions of dollars) cannot hit the damn baseball when they need to the most!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
Gee, good comparison.

A 23 year old not far from being a rookie entering 2012 versus the highest paid DH in baseball and a veteran in his 30's.

I would bet they both have pretty similar numbers with RISP or 2 outs for the year.

HOW ABOUT WE GET SOME PRODUCTION FROM PAUL KONERKO? Nobody wants to discuss the elephant in the room, which is that Konerko's not close to 100%, AJ is fading again and we just don't match up with Cabrera, Fielder and a clutch Delmon Young (at least against us) comparatively.

Viciedo would be a DH in a perfect world. Unless you are projecting Viciedo as s 40 homer 100 RBI a year guy, I can't live with the low OBP and strike outs.

And yeah you're spot on with Konerko. But to be fair, I font think there is a lineup in baseball that matches up to Cabrera, Fielder, and Young. You beat Detroit with run prevention.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
You complain every game, every sport. A thread title includes you complaining about fantasy leagues. I don't know why one would continue to watch sports if it pisses you off so much. Do something that makes you happy.

Technically, the thread title was created because I was sick of reading about other people whining about their fantasy leagues. Somehow, I am not shocked that you are clueless, though.

When my team wins, I'm happy, when my team loses, I'm not. OH MY GOD AWFUL FAN I SHOULD JUST RAH RAH 24/7!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
Steve, Viciedo would have been out at 3rd, and out at home.

He would have run through a stop sign from McEwing and everyone would be screaming that he took the bat out of the hands of YOUK, Dunn and Konerko.

He had a great jump from 2nd and Joe still stopped him right away.

I'm at work and listening and DJ and Farmio both said he should have gone both times.

DV just somehow took a walk.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
Technically, the thread title was created because I was sick of reading about other people whining about their fantasy leagues. Somehow, I am not shocked that you are clueless, though.

When my team wins, I'm happy, when my team loses, I'm not. OH MY GOD AWFUL FAN I SHOULD JUST RAH RAH 24/7!

No one except you would ever call be a rah rah guy. But I do enjoy first place. Sorry you don't.