9/17 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
You get yourself out 90-95% of the time. Jam shot every time. Maybe you get lucky with a duck snort here and there if you're strong enough to muscle it out of the infield.

Sorry, clearly since you don't play in the Majors, you are not allowed to have an opinion. It sucks, but DA has spoken.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
Just keep saying every White Sox player sucks, then cry when things don't go their way.

White Sox--first place.

When Viciedo fails to try for 3rd, and then fails to try for home, on back to back plays and we get no runs despite 3 hits, that is frustrating.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
I wonder how many White Sox fans would like to see Dunn in another uniform next year. I know sabermatricians say that he gets on base and he walks and hits home runs and a strike out is just another out and blah blah blah, but seeing him swing and miss or take a 3rd strike is getting really old.

Only the dumb ones want him gone. If you're tired of the strike outs without the big production that should come with them, then Viciedo is your man

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
I wonder how many White Sox fans would like to see Dunn in another uniform next year. I know sabermatricians say that he gets on base and he walks and hits home runs and a strike out is just another out and blah blah blah, but seeing him swing and miss or take a 3rd strike is getting really old.

If we don't have Youk, AJ and a healthy Konerko in 2013, we definitely have to retain Dunn, whether we like it or not.

Not unlike living and dying with Jim Thome's flaws every year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
Sorry, clearly since you don't play in the Majors, you are not allowed to have an opinion. It sucks, but DA has spoken.

You're opinion is very uninformed quite honestly. If hitting were as easy as many here make it, they would be making millions hitting baseballs, and league leaders would be hitting closer to .500, but keep on whining.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
Have you ever hit before?

nope, never. Look all I am saying if you are going to try and move a runner over it is easier to do with an outside pitch than an inside pitch and he was ahead in the count 1-0 so he had room to work. I already admitted I could be wrong in this thinking, what more do you want.

The at-bats by Youk and Dunn were clueless at-bats and worse than Beckham.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
Only the dumb ones want him gone. If you're tired of the strike outs without the big production that should come with them, then Viciedo is your man

Gee, good comparison.

A 23 year old not far from being a rookie entering 2012 versus the highest paid DH in baseball and a veteran in his 30's.

I would bet they both have pretty similar numbers with RISP or 2 outs for the year.

HOW ABOUT WE GET SOME PRODUCTION FROM PAUL KONERKO? Nobody wants to discuss the elephant in the room, which is that Konerko's not close to 100%, AJ is fading again and we just don't match up with Cabrera, Fielder and a clutch Delmon Young (at least against us) comparatively.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
nope, never. Look all I am saying if you are going to try and move a runner over it is easier to do with an outside pitch than an inside pitch and he was ahead in the count 1-0 so he had room to work. I already admitted I could be wrong in this thinking, what more do you want.

The at-bats by Youk and Dunn were clueless at-bats and worse than Beckham.

If its easier to hit an outside pitch, then why in the hell would Fister throw him one?

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)

Gee, good comparison.

A 23 year old not far from being a rookie entering 2012 versus the highest paid DH in baseball and a veteran in his 30's.

I would bet they both have pretty similar numbers with RISP or 2 outs for the year.

HOW ABOUT WE GET SOME PRODUCTION FROM PAUL KONERKO? Nobody wants to discuss the elephant in the room, which is that Konerko's not close to 100%, AJ is fading again and we just don't match up with Cabrera, Fielder and a clutch Delmon Young (at least against us) comparatively.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
You're opinion is very uninformed quite honestly. If hitting were as easy as many here make it, they would be making millions hitting baseballs, and league leaders would be hitting closer to .500, but keep on whining.

Who's whining? You were completely dismissive of an accurate post in the most glib way possible. Translation: it was a dick comment meant solely for the purpose of chastising someone without bringing anything of merit to the conversation. You always whine about people complaining about a bad player (Beckham), but then see statistics and they aren't good enough for you, your eyes tell you differently. Um, that's the same f***ing thing, since unless you're the real Dick Allen I don't think you know "dick" about playing in the Majors either.