Game Thread, No More "Silly Walks" Edition

cabiness42

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Melvin is going to be a strong contender.

The White Sox still had a pretty high payroll, although some did predict 90+ losses.

However, NOBODY was predicting much out of the A's or Orioles, especially Oakland.

Thankfully the A's took out the Tigers today, and thankfully Scherzer might be hobbled down the stretch and not an automatic win for them every time out.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 04:26 AM)
I think they lose 3/4 against the Rays.

Then I think you are predicting no playoffs. Sox BTW are continuing that maddening trand of good Sox/bad Sox. Five game win streak ... now two on the other side of the ledger with a very tough series coming up.

I just want Matt Thornton GONE this off-season.

That's it, that's all.

Sure, he's done better recently, but I would trust Donnie Veal 100X before Matt Thornton in a crucial situation.

He might be a "one hit" wonder like Neal Cotts in 2006, but we have the depth with Santiago (if not a starter), Veal, Septimo, Santos Rodriguez, it's workable to jettison that salary and use it for 3B/P/C.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
If that's the case, then Sox are probably not making the postseason.

I can see a split.

Also depends if we see Price...but they haven't been playing well and we're going to be at home, so you can easily see the Sox getting on another mini-roll at USCF.

That said, they have to NOT get swept out in Anaheim this weekend, and it would be nice if the Twins could win ONE game.

That's why giving that game away early when it should have been 4-5-6 to ZERO absolutely sucks. KC gift wrapped it for us with that Guthrie throw down the RF line, and we didn't take advantage, ONCE AGAIN.

We had another Chris Sale loss on the road, too.

In the end, if they don't start hitting with RISP, we would end up like the 2000 White Sox when they faced superior pitching and managing out in Seattle. 3 and out...3-1, whatever, it wouldn't be close, especially if we face/d the Orioles.

Obviously Detroit has proven they are an amazing team that is in no way streaky or have terrible defense and are just gonna run away now.

Oh, and they totally don't have any games this season to look back on and say "if we only won this game!"

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
Then I think you are predicting no playoffs. Sox BTW are continuing that maddening trand of good Sox/bad Sox. Five game win streak ... now two on the other side of the ledger with a very tough series coming up.

I think the team is mentally weak, like many of the previous Sox teams. Look at some of the stupidity today.

Obviously Detroit has proven they are an amazing team that is in no way streaky or have terrible defense and are just gonna run away now.

Oh, and they totally don't have any games this season to look back on and say "if we only won this game!"

...WTH does that have to do with us? lol

We're lamenting that WE can't beat the royals

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
I just want Matt Thornton GONE this off-season.

That's it, that's all.

Sure, he's done better recently, but I would trust Donnie Veal 100X before Matt Thornton in a crucial situation.

He might be a "one hit" wonder like Neal Cotts in 2006, but we have the depth with Santiago (if not a starter), Veal, Septimo, Santos Rodriguez, it's workable to jettison that salary and use it for 3B/P/C.

AGREE!!!!

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
We're lamenting that WE can't beat the royals

And who CAN "we" beat? The Angels, Indians, and Rays. Combined against them in 2012? 14-6.

I feel pretty good right now.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Simply put, if you get manhandled by the worst team in your division, you don't deserve to win the division.

Except when your division is the AL Central. The White Sox have been dominated by Detroit and KC all season and have been in first for 120 days of that season.

By the way: Detroit vs. KC/Minn combined 15-14 this season.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 03:40 AM)
I think the team is mentally weak, like many of the previous Sox teams. Look at some of the stupidity today.

I have a sneaky feeling the best we do is a dead-heat tie with the Tigers and a playoff game in Detroit which I won't be watching. I'll watch it I guess if it's in The Cell. I'll watch all the real playoff games but not some dumb ass playoff game vs. Detroit that (I feel) we'd be destined to lose.

I think the worst we can do is lose to the Tigers by a game or two.

I mean would any of you be surprised if we get swept this weekend and they win all three? That'd put them up by one with a lot of baseball left. It's just inexcusable for the Sox to play such a sloppy game tonight with so much at stake. It's ridiculous. I know baseball is a funny game, but the pickoff? The out at home? WTF??? This game meant a ton to give it away.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
I mean would any of you be surprised if we get swept this weekend and they win all three? That'd put them up by one with a lot of baseball left. It's just inexcusable for the Sox to play such a sloppy game tonight with so much at stake. It's ridiculous. I know baseball is a funny game, but the pickoff? The out at home? WTF??? This game meant a ton to give it away.

I'd be surprised yeah. We play the Angels well. I can still see us still losing 1 of the 3 and still losing ground tho.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 11:16 PM)
I have a sneaky feeling the best we do is a dead-heat tie with the Tigers and a playoff game in Detroit which I won't be watching. I'll watch it I guess if it's in The Cell. I'll watch all the real playoff games but not some dumb ass playoff game vs. Detroit that (I feel) we'd be destined to lose.

I think the worst we can do is lose to the Tigers by a game or two.

Watch a Tiger's game. Putting the ball in play is the best chance to beat them.