Hahn to become GM, Williams promoted to Vp of Bball Ops?

southsider2k5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
That will be the least of this boards problems. I CAN'T WAIT to read trade threads all off-season with people trying to figure out who is responsible for the deal, Hahn or Williams, with no real evidence to back their claim.

Any player with a football background will be attributed to KW.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
That will be the least of this boards problems. I CAN'T WAIT to read trade threads all off-season with people trying to figure out who is responsible for the deal, Hahn or Williams, with no real evidence to back their claim.

I'll just continue to blame Ozzie so I'm good.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
Like GarPax, they shall become WillHahn

KenRick

KenHahn

WillHack

RickWill

someone less lazy than myself, please make a poll thread so this can be decided. Just let it be anyone but sunofgold

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
I feel like all these titles mean nothing. Like Hoyer is the Cubs GM, but it's Epstein that addresses the media and speaks like he's running the show. If KW is president, is he still running the show? Otherwise, what does President do?

I think Williams would step away from the day to day duties, let Hahn do that (meet with the coaching staff, travel with the team, talk trades with other teams), but I have no doubt Williams would keep a certain level of involvement and would probably work together with Hahn on moves.

Part of me thinks Hahn wouldn't take the promotion if he wasn't fully given the keys to the car. Why would he stick around when he's supposedly one of the top GM candidates in baseball, only to have Kenny pulling the strings for the big stuff like free agency and trades?

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 05:30 PM)
Part of me thinks Hahn wouldn't take the promotion if he wasn't fully given the keys to the car. Why would he stick around when he's supposedly one of the top GM candidates in baseball, only to have Kenny pulling the strings for the big stuff like free agency and trades?

Exactly my thoughts. I think KW may be burnt out and wants to take a step back.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)

Agreed...

QUOTE (staxx @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Exactly my thoughts. I think KW may be burnt out and wants to take a step back.

Think so as well... It'll be a Hahn / Williams duo but I really do think Rick will be holding the reins.

Kenny will always be overseeing the journey.

It's like tag team wrestling - lol.

Go Hahn!

Go Kdub!

Go SOX!

Screw Guthrie!!!

Win, just bleeping win!

And give me more stars outta our farm.

Sales durability has been shocking and for me is somewhat comforting.

Beckham is quietly putting together his offensive game. The next couple years could show rapid improvement.

Bullpen farm hands abound.

Hopefully Qunitana also gets better.

Fingers crossed that Molina can get back on track... either he or Castro need to amount to at least a number three. Just one of the two... Please!

Keep pulling Nate Jones types. :)

I like our organization damnit and even did when they sucked it up.

I'm just waiting for Frank Thomas II...

Maybe we drafted him this year.

Appreciate the game ladies and gents! 15 more until October time!

Let's get in it and get on a flipping ROLL!

:gosox3:

Edited by hi8is

No way in hades Castro or Molina are closing to being 3 starters, you can forget that one happening.

Santiago has more talent than either one of those guys.

What will be interesting is the "tea leaves reading" of all the moves, trying to attribute our offseason to KW or Hahn.

For example, will certain posters be thrilled KW is "gone" or will they be even more upset he got a promotion and is perceived to be running the team still?

Does anyone believe this will have ANY impact at all on season ticket sales or the perception of the fans, playoffs or not?

Will we now not credit KW with getting any more than the 2005 and 2008 teams to the playoffs, officially?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
No way in hades Castro or Molina are closing to being 3 starters, you can forget that one happening.

Santiago has more talent than either one of those guys.

What will be interesting is the "tea leaves reading" of all the moves, trying to attribute our offseason to KW or Hahn.

For example, will certain posters be thrilled KW is "gone" or will they be even more upset he got a promotion and is perceived to be running the team still?

Does anyone believe this will have ANY impact at all on season ticket sales or the perception of the fans, playoffs or not?

Will we now not credit KW with getting any more than the 2005 and 2008 teams to the playoffs, officially?

I dont think anyone cares about that. at all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 05:17 PM)
I dont think anyone cares about that. at all.

It probably would have helped Brooks Boyer and our marketing department this past offseason had they announced BOTH Hahn and Ventura as their all-new management team.

At this point, coming off this season, it doesn't make so much of a difference, as those who believe KW is still essentially in charge will continue to believe so...and those who think Williams got pushed out of the GM job and Hahn is really pulling the strings will read everything that happens from now on as "Hahn influenced" moves. There will be a lot of tea leaf readings trying to interpret and spin things in different directions depending upon one's bias about those two.

GMAB Caulfield, no White Sox fan buys their tickets based on who is GM and President. Hell, even Cubs fans arent buying them because of Theo, that place is a graveyard. It matters not to brooks, he isnt making a Grinder Rule #3189 "KW is VP and Hahn is GM" commercial.

The on field product puts butts in the stands. And even then, with Sox fans you better prove that it isnt a mirage. 2005 success created 2006 carryover, it wasnt because Williams was calling the shots.

I think they've been "Hahn influenced moves" for some time now. I think Hahn is the more data-intense and risk-adverse of the two, but I don't think their theories of how to build the best Organization are all that divergent. Ultimately, KW and JR have had the final say up until this point, but Hahn certainly has had input.

Now, we might see a bit of a change with Hahn having a bit more input, but Kenny and JR are going to still have their stamp on the Organization.