The end of Ozzie Guillen in Miami?

chetkincaid

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)
If you put in "Sneaky like" into google, like a fox pops up first. Same with "Crazy like".

Its kind of funny though, Dumb like a fox comes up with a bunch of people saying "never heard that before"

because it's not actually a phrase.

i love greg.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 06:18 AM)
Morosi now letting Ozzie have it.

I'm starting to feel bad for the guy. Yea I realize everyone here hates him right now, but that's the guy that will always be connected with the White Sox.

Not 'everyone' here hates him, Blaze. I think he's great. Those writers are smelling blood and going in for the Ozzie kill. It's ridiculous. Loria is nuts. If Ozzie gets canned I hope Chicago media grabs him for a talk show or pairs him with Hawk n Stoney. Or maybe DJ will decide he's retiring and Ozzie goes on with Farmer.

I love how Miami needs a scapegoat for this lousy season and as of today it appears it's going to be Ozzie. What a joke. They spent all that money on bad bad baseball players but they need the scapegoat. I can't believe a guy with Loria's ego would hire a loudmouth like Ozzie in the first place. For some reason I didn't know anything about Loria before Oz went there. He's another Steinbrenner type. Now we know why Ozzie got a four-year deal. s***, he'll be laughing in Loria's face when he fires him. We know how Oz loves money. he's gonna get 3 years' pay for no work. Oz will LOVE that.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 03:04 AM)
Not 'everyone' here hates him, Blaze. I think he's great. Those writers are smelling blood and going in for the Ozzie kill. It's ridiculous. Loria is nuts. If Ozzie gets canned I hope Chicago media grabs him for a talk show or pairs him with Hawk n Stoney. Or maybe DJ will decide he's retiring and Ozzie goes on with Farmer.

I love how Miami needs a scapegoat for this lousy season and as of today it appears it's going to be Ozzie. What a joke. They spent all that money on bad bad baseball players but they need the scapegoat. I can't believe a guy with Loria's ego would hire a loudmouth like Ozzie in the first place. For some reason I didn't know anything about Loria before Oz went there. He's another Steinbrenner type. Now we know why Ozzie got a four-year deal. s***, he'll be laughing in Loria's face when he fires him. We know how Oz loves money. he's gonna get 3 years' pay for no work. Oz will LOVE that.

Ozzie on the radio? OMFG that'd be awful.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 03:30 AM)
Ozzie on the radio? OMFG that'd be awful.

Ozzie broadcasting for the Sox period would be awful. Wouldn't be able to understand him, he'd be fired for swearing really quickly, and all four current broadcasters would hate working with him.

And Greg just called Buehrle a bad baseball player in his efforts to absolve Ozzie of all blame.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 07:53 AM)

Unless the Marlins eat a lot more money than they will have to eat if they dump Ozzie, Bell is going to be a Marlin for a while. This is Ozzie's get out of Miami statement. The parallel (sp) career-wise to Ditka is incredible to me.

It certainly seemed to me Ozzie was trying to get fired last year, and he seems to be up to his old tricks again 12 months later. I hope he enjoys his paychecks the next 3 years, because I think teams will see a pattern here and realize the possible spark he might provide isn't worth the headaches and the bad ending that are just about guaranteed.

Edited by Dick Allen

Just caught the first couple episodes of The Franchise last night.

You see where teams are garbage, and it starts at the top. That Loria/Samson/Beinfest thing is awful. These guys are all clowns. And when you add a personality like Ozzie, you can see where it will go off the tracks in a hurry.

Ozzie's act only worked here for a very short time, and only because Jerry Reinsdorf gave him a TON of slack. Ozzie has the potential to be very good for Baseball. He's not a bad guy, but he can't manage a team because his own ego will get in the way. If he wants to do some studio TV work, he'd probably be pretty good at that. But he shouldn't manage anymore, and I don't think any team will even give him that opportunity again after this is over in Miami.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 04:04 AM)

Lol bad baseball players???

They added the guy you keep bringing up as a KW mistake for not bringing back, Mark Buehrle.

They added Heath Bell who was an All Star the previous 3 years. 3 years of 40+ saves with an ERA those years of 2.71, 1.93, and 2.43.....ya thats a bad bad baseball player.

And they added the previous years batting champ, Jose Reyes

Ya those guys are clearly terrible baseball players.

I hope Ozzie gets another season just to see if that team can turn it around with Ozzie at the helm. Its somewhat similar to last years Sox team, they added a lot of payroll and the team wasnt very good, then Ozzie left and here we are in a battle for first. If Ozzie gets another year with the same team, they fail again, and then after Ozzies gone they click it'll really prove that he is now a cancer.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
I'm starting to think more and more that Greg775 might be the greatest troll in the history of the internets.

Just cause I like Ozzie? My track record of posting pretty much indicates I stand up for the guys who contributed to the Sox giving my greatest moment as a fan - a WS title. A postseason where we as fans didn't even have to sweat.

(Pods is hitting .309 this season with almost 200 at bats).

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
Just caught the first couple episodes of The Franchise last night.

You see where teams are garbage, and it starts at the top. That Loria/Samson/Beinfest thing is awful. These guys are all clowns. And when you add a personality like Ozzie, you can see where it will go off the tracks in a hurry.

Great post. That is a clownshow at the top. I disagree Ozzie's quotes about Bell were meant to get him fired. Loria can take the easy way out and back Heath Bell if he wants to and appear to be a players' owner, but that'd be stupid. Everybody in Miami thought Ozzie waited too long to replace Bell as closer.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
Just cause I like Ozzie? My track record of posting pretty much indicates I stand up for the guys who contributed to the Sox giving my greatest moment as a fan - a WS title. A postseason where we as fans didn't even have to sweat.

(Pods is hitting .309 this season with almost 200 at bats).

Great post. That is a clownshow at the top. I disagree Ozzie's quotes about Bell were meant to get him fired. Loria can take the easy way out and back Heath Bell if he wants to and appear to be a players' owner, but that'd be stupid. Everybody in Miami thought Ozzie waited too long to replace Bell as closer.

but you didn't!

or was that a mistake on the Ozeroo's part?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
I hadn't heard much about Reyes this season, but he is 3rd in WAR out of all MLB shortstops, so can't fault him for being a bad baseball player.

I was just commenting on gregs claim that the Marlins "spent a lot of money on bad bad baseball players" which based on their previous track records is just false.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
Lol bad baseball players???

They added the guy you keep bringing up as a KW mistake for not bringing back, Mark Buehrle.

They added Heath Bell who was an All Star the previous 3 years. 3 years of 40+ saves with an ERA those years of 2.71, 1.93, and 2.43.....ya thats a bad bad baseball player.

And they added the previous years batting champ, Jose Reyes

Ya those guys are clearly terrible baseball players.

I'm with you Q, I wanna hear him touch on that subject.