The end of Ozzie Guillen in Miami?

chetkincaid

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
don't you think that pitcher might have had an EASIER TIME of getting the out if he were facing the weaker of the two hitters?

Ozzie could have made the pitcher MORE LIKELY to succeed, but instead he did the opposite.

Respond.

I guess. I get tired of the lefty/righty crap, though. For instance I liked Robin a lot more when he was letting relievers pitch full innings.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
Lol at Bell blasting anyone.

To be fair, Ozzie is pretty much the Heath Bell of managers right now.

Keep in mind this is the second year in a row he had a team with the highest payroll in that franchise's history, and it finished under .500.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
I guess. I get tired of the lefty/righty crap, though. For instance I liked Robin a lot more when he was letting relievers pitch full innings.

this wasn't lefty righty.

he had Webb intentionally walk a guy batting .150 for a guy batting .286

that's not a splits/matchup thing, that's just retarded.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
don't you think that pitcher might have had an EASIER TIME of getting the out if he were facing the weaker of the two hitters?

Ozzie could have made the pitcher MORE LIKELY to succeed, but instead he did the opposite.

Respond.

Maybe Ozzie is doing what he did last year, and that was not really trying to win. He knows he's not going to last 3 more years in Miami, and probably doesn't want to. If they fire him, they will pay him to do whatever he feels like doing, just like a year ago. I just wonder if anyone will be dumb enough not to see the pattern and offer him a job.

Ozzie's response to the Bell stuff should be interesting. Has Oney chimed in yet?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
That is awesome. Is Bell the one who gave up the home run walkoff they are talking about in the thread? If so, bad timing.

I won't stand up for Ozzie here, but I would suspect Bell will not have the sympathy of many, not after that episode on the TV show where he seemed like a goof talking to Ozzie in the office. s***, Bell is lying cause in that episode Ozzie talked to him about his closer's role. Heath Bell sounds like he has as big an ego as Ozz.

I just saw the story. I doubt Heath Bell is going to get Ozzie fired. Remember, Loria wanted Bell replaced before Ozzie replaced him as closer. This might make it easier to keep Ozzie. Loria will look like he's caving in to Heath Bell of all people if he cans Ozzie. Now if Buehrle goes after Oz, I guess Oz is finished.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8420672/...r-ozzie-guillen

The conversation you are referring to was very odd but the thing that stuck out to me was that Bell felt it was way overdue. You could tell he had been in the dark for quite a while. What happened to the Ozzie that would just go up to you and tell you what he's thinking? They had to stage a god damned interview for him to tell Bell that he trusted him. You say that to his face everytime you take the ball from him or give the ball to him.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
I just listened to the interview. Bell mostly just agrees with the interviewer. The interviewer goes on a 3 minute "Ozzie sucks" diatribe and Bell responds with "Well, ya it sucks, blah blah"

The media in Miami apparently doesn't like him too much.

It's popular not to like Ozzie in Miami after that Castro debacle, I'd imagine.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
I really hope, and I mean for real.... that Jhan Martinez records the final out for a White Sox world series victory.

I disagreed with a lot of my friends that used to tell me the 2005 Sox won despite Ozzie, not because of him. I am starting to feel that way.

I wouldn't say they won despite of him. I'd just say people gave/give him too much credit for that WS.

If Ozzie is fired and doesn't manage another team, what should he do next?

I can think of a lot of things Ozzie could do. He definitely should come back to Chicago. How about opening a restaurant ? How about putting him in the booth with The hawk and Stoney? How about a show on the SCORE?

To the best of my knowledge, the press in Chicago still likes him. Probably bc he gives them good material to work with.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)

I can think of a lot of things Ozzie could do. He definitely should come back to Chicago. How about opening a restaurant ? How about putting him in the booth with The hawk and Stoney? How about a show on the SCORE?

To the best of my knowledge, the press in Chicago still likes him. Probably bc he gives them good material to work with.

He can live in the basement with Cowley. No f***ing way in hell he is announcing sox games, that is laughable

"If Jeffrey doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager," Guillen said last Friday while the club was in New York. "Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (bleeping) managers come through here."

Ozzie would love to get fired. Then he gets to go home and bring in checks while doing absolutely nothing.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 11:02 PM)

Please let him join the booth for 30 games or so. Have 3 in the booth. I bet Hawk would be uncomfortable though with Oz

The more I think of it, Ozzie truly is dumb as a fox. This Loria and his entourage of relatives has to be irritating to Ozzie, who doesn't suck up to management. He's still an icon in Chicago and likely could get a media job in Chicago. I bet the Sox broadcast team would add him in some capacity unless Jerry feels like Ozzie has betrayed him in comments since he left. The longer Ozzie is away from Chicago, the less popular he'll be. It could be time to get fired in Miami, get all that free money and come to Chicago to broadcast in some capacity. Even a talk show. Somebody will hire Ozzie in the media in Chicago ... right?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 02:27 AM)
Please let him join the booth for 30 games or so. Have 3 in the booth. I bet Hawk would be uncomfortable though with Oz

The more I think of it, Ozzie truly is dumb as a fox. This Loria and his entourage of relatives has to be irritating to Ozzie, who doesn't suck up to management. He's still an icon in Chicago and likely could get a media job in Chicago. I bet the Sox broadcast team would add him in some capacity unless Jerry feels like Ozzie has betrayed him in comments since he left. The longer Ozzie is away from Chicago, the less popular he'll be. It could be time to get fired in Miami, get all that free money and come to Chicago to broadcast in some capacity. Even a talk show. Somebody will hire Ozzie in the media in Chicago ... right?

Ozzie wouldn't get hired in Chicago media and definitely not by the Sox, not for ten, fifteen years.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 12:22 AM)
Ozzie would love to get fired. Then he gets to go home and bring in checks while doing absolutely nothing.

thats what i was thinking too. loria should keep him atleast another year just so he doesnt just collect that 9mil while doing nothing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 02:27 AM)

by "dumb as a fox" you really mean an ego maniac who doesn't give a crap about doing a good job at anything and only cares about making his payday, right? he's trying to get fired so he gets $9MM for doing nothing next year. what a dick.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
I actually have never heard the term "dumb as a fox" before. Sneaky like a fox, yes. Wily as a Coyote, yes. Dumb as a box of rocks, yes.

But never dumb as a fox. Mostly because a fox is not percieved as a dumb animal

I believe "crazy like a fox" is the common phrase that is being butchered here.

QUOTE (35thstreetswarm @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
I believe "crazy like a fox" is the common phrase that is being butchered here.

If you put in "Sneaky like" into google, like a fox pops up first. Same with "Crazy like".

Its kind of funny though, Dumb like a fox comes up with a bunch of people saying "never heard that before"