Chicago White Sox @ LAAA California Angels playing in Anaheim.

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
Q is one that I think might be a bit of a space cadet. I don't throw that around lightly but I really think he has a problem staying focused.

Or he's just really bad at defensive fundamentals/fielding his position...and part of that's due to the fact that's he is essentially a minor leaguer learning at the big league level this year.

It can't be ALL that surprising.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
Hawk making excuses...

the team looks tired? Doesn't every team play the same amount of games? What is with this 'tired' BS?

The Angels don't look tired.

Everyone gets tired throughout the season. Going from Minnesota to Chicago to KC to LA with no days off during September is probably a logical time to get tired. Doesn't mean we should play bad, but it does make sense that we would be tired and that it might hurt our play.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 02:41 AM)
Or he's just really bad at defensive fundamentals/fielding his position...and part of that's due to the fact that's he is essentially a minor leaguer learning at the big league level this year.

IIRC, his defense/inability to hold runners was one of the reasons the Yankees let him go.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 02:42 AM)
Everyone gets tired throughout the season. Going from Minnesota to Chicago to KC to LA with no days off during September is probably a logical time to get tired. Doesn't mean we should play bad, but it does make sense that we would be tired and that it might hurt our play.

The starting pitching is gassed

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)

I think it shows up in his pitching as well, which is why I think there's a mental block/focus issue at hand. You can't get by without being fully into it at this level, especially at his talent level

*shrug* that's the game...these guys are professionals and I expect them to deal with it. Being tired is such a weak excuse, especially for the offense.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
Santiago has the much fresher arm.

It's not fair to expect Quintana to do much more.

He already got one of the most important wins in the 2nd half, against the Tigers. Unfortunately, we choked away the next 2 games (especially Game #2 with Peavy), but he stood up to them and showed we could go toe to toe and not back down.

I didn't get where the "trade bait", "another year in the minors" bulls*** is coming from. Fans have probably more faith in Sale and Q for wins than the veterans. Both have not pitched a full season in their career.

Peavy-fail

Danks-injured-epic fail

Floyd?

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 02:49 AM)
I would be optimistic going into the next homestand thinking the home crowd would re-energize the team, but the way it looks on Ticketmaster's interactive seat map, the park's gonna be empty next week. What's new!

Is that true? That sucks