Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians

justBLAZE

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
How is it any less tough to win for the other team?

We might have had 20,000 fans tonight who actually cared that the Sox WERE a game up on Detroit.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 10:37 PM)
This.

Also seems we do zero damage with 2-0 counts. Frustrating.

Our hitters refuse to be professional hitters and drill the ball where it is pitched. As we all know, it's home run or nothing. Remember how impressed everybody was the first half when the Sox at times took the ball to the opposite field?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 11:02 PM)
Less than 14k at the game today....wow

Putrid. This makes you wonder if the Sox don't need to build a stadium somewhere else. Is there any room downtown? or by the lake? This is a f***ing joke.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 11:22 PM)
And today was beautiful! According to the seat map, it doesn't look much better for the remaining homes games either. I think the lack of a real home field advantage in the last week will play a big factor in us not making the playoffs. If this was anywhere else (except Florida), there would be 35,000 or more fans the entire week giving the team a huge push down the final stretch. Instead of the players feeling energized, they're presumably feeling disheartened and depressed with only 13K fans there. This is embarrassing.

Embarrassing. The fans NEVER embraced this team. Never.

That said, I do understand that the White Sox ridiculous fees for parking, etc., have priced out much of our fanbase. I'll never discount that. Build a new park and sell all the seats to the rich. The hardworking southsider can't afford the cost of parking and tickets unless they wanna sit in seats where you can't see the ball way up top.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 12:19 AM)
f*** you chen. seriously. f*** you

Sox should be embarrassed they can't hit hacks named Chen, Guthrie and Hochevar.And it doesn't help that KC only gets "up" to play the White Sox. Our team doesn't care that the opponent wants to beat its ass. We sleepwalk; they are fired up and they kick our butts.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 12:29 AM)
Sox should be embarrassed they can't hit hacks named Chen, Guthrie and Hochevar.And it doesn't help that KC only gets "up" to play the White Sox. Our team doesn't care that the opponent wants to beat its ass. We sleepwalk; they are fired up and they kick our butts.

I would be embarrassed if I couldn't hit Chen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)
Even though I was hard on Greg, Chen has a career ERA of 7+ at "pitcher friendly" Tiger Stadium.

However, if he pitches out of this inning and retires Fielder and gives up no runs with the bases loaded/no outs, it wouldn't be too shocking if the Royals came back to win, really.

That could be a big change in momentum if the Royals can figure out Anibal, so far he seems to be cruising.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
Crazy that on a day that Gordon Beckham's defense cost the Sox 3 runs, Miguel Cabrera and his leaping ability saved the Tigers 2 runs.

Butler wouldn't have scored from 1st.

They'd still be down 2-1, even with 2 outs, I don't think Butler scores there.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
Anibal Sanchez >>> Francisco Liriano

Might be enough to decide the division, although you could look at 20 other moves.

Would pick up Sanchez in a heartbeat over Gavin Floyd, FWIW.

Pending tonight's result, Detroit is 3-7 in 10 starts by Sanchez. Sox are 5-6 in Liriano's 11 starts.