9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
Your ridiculous what?

You know about three weeks ago you said the season is over. Now your back at it again saying this team needs to be torn down. Im sorry you like to be miserable.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
Your ridiculous what?

:notworthy

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
Heck no considering he'll want a multi-year deal probably in 2/32 or 3/45 range.

I wouldn't go higher than 2/24, probably.

I like Youk, but I don't know that he fits. I don't think he wants to be a 3Bman anymore and I'm not sure if he can hold up an entire season as one.

I feel like the fans turned on this team after the sweep in Detroit, and really never returned. I know it coincides with school starting as well.

makes sense to me. but I'm sick of talking about the fans, the fans, the fans...

just win games, everything else takes care of itself.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
I feel like the fans turned on this team after the sweep in Detroit, and really never returned. I know it coincides with school starting as well.

I agree Sox fans knew it was a matter of time at that point.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Who can they really get rid of to send a message?

It's not like saying they should unload Paulie, Dunn, Rios, etc. for nothing just so they can have a "clean slate" or something. Complete tear down to me sounds like "you don't keep any key players"

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:09 AM)
Who can they really get rid of to send a message?

They have to blow it up because you'd have to pay our fans to watch this crap next season rather than make them pay 40 bucks for parking, etc. This is really really bad baseball. Nobody with a brain will go watch this. They'll do anything to not have to go to the Cell to watch baseball in which starting pitchers not named Sale can't pitch 5 innings.

Hawk sounds resigned to the fact we stink.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
Not sure what other evidence you need to realize that the fan base is pretty awful here.

If attendance is the measure, sure, they're bad. I just think there is far more to it because I think our fans are smart, friendly, loyal, and I'm proud to call myself a CWS fan

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
We have very fair weather fans, but so what? Nobody wants to pay money and travel to the park to watch a loser.

except Cubs fans, they love that isht.

Over 32K in Detroit tonight. They're economy is garbage and their population is 1/9th the size of ours. BTW going into tonight they had the same record as ours. I didn't realize there's no school tomorrow in Detroit. Bring on more excuses.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
They have to blow it up because you'd have to pay our fans to watch this crap next season rather than make them pay 40 bucks for parking, etc. This is really really bad baseball. Nobody with a brain will go watch this. They'll do anything to not have to go to the Cell to watch baseball in which starting pitchers not named Sale can't pitch 5 innings.

Hawk sounds resigned to the fact we stink.

Thank goodness you arent the GM Greg. The prospect of tearing down a baseball team after a pretty good season is completely asinine. That is a complete overreaction to the highest order. People in management dont operate like that.

Edited by Baron

Over 32K in Detroit tonight. They're economy is garbage and their population is 1/9th the size of ours. BTW going into tonight they had the same record as ours. I didn't realize there's no school tomorrow in Detroit. Bring on more excuses.

Detroit has one baseball team. And their teams star has been on the rise these past handful of weeks while ours has been sinking.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 03:13 AM)

You can even ask Baron about this, but one of the biggest reasons I wanted the Sox to stay in contention all year was the hope attendance would be really strong down the stretch and lead to a higher payroll next year. It's disappointing, that's for sure.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:12 AM)
If attendance is the measure, sure, they're bad. I just think there is far more to it because I think our fans are smart, friendly, loyal, and I'm proud to call myself a CWS fan

Rios goes the other way for a single. He's our only hitter who'll go that way successfully of late.