9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)
Over 32K in Detroit tonight. They're economy is garbage and their population is 1/9th the size of ours. BTW going into tonight they had the same record as ours. I didn't realize there's no school tomorrow in Detroit. Bring on more excuses.

1 team town

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
Konerko's bat toss was even nicer this at bat than last at bat! Just sit him down and let Johnson play.

How annoying to watch him do that multiple times per game. He's hurting this team with his awful hitting in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:13 AM)
Thank goodness you arent the GM Greg. The prospect of tearing down a baseball team after a pretty good season is completely asinine. That is a complete overreaction to the highest order. People in management dont operate like that.

Yes, but I'm starting to think the team of September is our real team. And that is an unwatchable baseball squad that has to be torched.

Yes, but I'm starting to think the team of September is our real team. And that is an unwatchable baseball squad that has to be torched.

I'm definitely never going to be fooled by a good first half ever again. All that matters is how you play in September...

and I thought we were good when we swept the Rangers and Angels...lol...what a fool I was

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
Last I checked there are 9M or so people in Chicago and the surrounding burbs combined. We can't even break 25K in a pennant race.

People are not sheep on the Sox side..............they have played like s*** all month...............I do not blame anyone for not paying to see this s***.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:16 AM)
Last I checked there are 9M or so people in Chicago and the surrounding burbs combined. We can't even break 25K in a pennant race.

I just don't think anybody is willing to pay to watch these zombies. On TV, yes, but not pay that kind of money to watch this horrible baseball.

Well at least after tonight, barring a comeback win in the ninth, the pundits will agree we're dead and buried.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
We have very fair weather fans, but so what? Nobody wants to pay money and travel to the park to watch a loser.

except Cubs fans, they love that isht.

I think they are tired of mental midget baseball. The implosion may have come a month late. Plus "chokedom" is common among Chicago sports teams.

When there is a trend of this type of play, I think most fan bases don't show. The last time the Cubs played the Braves in the post season, it looked like there were more Cub fans in Atlanta.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:17 AM)
I'm definitely never going to be fooled by a good first half ever again. All that matters is how you play in September...

and I thought we were good when we swept the Rangers and Angels...lol...what a fool I was

It's not all that matters. You can be out of it in late May like the Cubs and Royals. Nobody wants to hear it, but we are still also-rans in head-to-head matchups in our own division. This year we did own the Twins somehow.