9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

The team is 1. Beat up, worn down and 2. Pressing

Don't say they aren't trying or don't care because there are no indications of that. Playing bad =/= not trying, it much more likely means trying too hard. Trying too hard and playing bad is no thing to pat them on the back for, but I think it's silly to think they are just cowering away

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
This team has made it hard to get too upset if they don't make the postseason.

Yeah, I'm not too upset because: (1) no one expected much; and (2) since about August 1, this team has been -- honestly -- one of the most boring teams I've ever watched. I'm serious about that, and I've been a Sox fan for 35 years. There's something about them that I haven't been able to put a finger on.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:27 AM)

Don't say they aren't trying or don't care because there are no indications of that. Playing bad =/= not trying, it much more likely means trying too hard. Trying too hard and playing bad is no thing to pat them on the back for, but I think it's silly to think they are just cowering away

Who gives a s***, they've collapsed

Yeah, I'm not too upset because: (1) no one expected much; and (2) since about August 1, this team has been -- honestly -- one of the most boring teams I've ever watched. I'm serious about that, and I've been a Sox fan for 35 years. There's something about them that I haven't been able to put a finger on.

We were the opposite of boring earlier in the season. I remember we'd put up 9 runs a game and have walk off winners and all that great stuff. We had a magical aura around us.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)

Their anuses get into a fit every year past the ASB. They press, swing for the fence. K or popup. Then swing harder. K. Then all of a sudden when its the 9th inning. They finally get some focus and put on a threat, then come up short. That in a nutshell is whitesox baseball in an pennant race. There is no reason what so ever that we are in this position. Play medicore baseball hit the ball a bit and we are about to clinch.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
The differnce between Sox and Det are obvious.........tonight Det down 4-1 against Cy Guthrie not only tie but come back to win, Sox they would of lost 4-2.

3rd and 4th hitters are far superior. If they have slumped this year, I missed it. Their pitching is superior as well.

The other parts are sub minor league.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 03:30 AM)
Their anuses get into a fit every year past the ASB. They press, swing for the fence. K or popup. Then swing harder. K. Then all of a sudden when its the 9th inning. They finally get some focus and put on a threat, then come up short. That in a nutshell is whitesox baseball in an pennant race. There is no reason what so ever that we are in this position. Play medicore baseball hit the ball a bit and we are about to clinch.

Hasn't the pitching been significantly worse since the ASB?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)

+1. So you have to ask who the common denominators have been on all of these teams. I can think of three (besides Hawk): (1) Konerko; (2) AJ; and (3) the guy who gets the players, KW. But it IS kind of the same deal every year, and you have to wonder why.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
Hasn't the pitching been significantly worse since the ASB?

It hasnt been as good but its been good enough. Our team just has a hell of a time consistently scoring runs. When you are 11th in the AL in runs scored in September in a pennant race there isnt a lot to say. Its not like we faced quality pitching. We have faced quite a bit of garbage and crap.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)

In other words-mental midgets.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
Too hard to project anything like that, but if they do go after Hamilton like some predict, then...it's not all good

He is a all star player wish Sox had VM.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)

It will get worse next year, IMO.