Hell, 2012 is a good year.

Quin

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
Maybe I'm the only one who sees it, but this team has left everything on the field this year. They're gassed at this point. If they can win 6 or 7 in a row or whatever it is at this point and they can steal the division away from Detroit, that's fine, but I absolutely have no problem with this year.

I saw it too wite, they had the best batting average with runners in scoring position for most of the season which speaks volumes on what you just said.

I know I keep bringing him up but Paul Konerko is the leader of this offense, and I think his "bad luck" at that plate has rubbed off on the rest of the team. PK is one of the best clutch hitters in the game and thats what we needed down the stretch was some clutch hitting, this team simply did not have that down the stretch and it killed us...The pitching was great, its all on the lack of clutch hitting.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 12:56 AM)
You forgot a big f*** the Royals.

f*** Jeremy Guthrie

f*** Bruce Chen

f*** Billy Butler

f*** Alcides Escobar

f*** Alex Gordon

f*** Irving f***ing Falu

f*** Johnny Giavotella

f*** Lorenzo Cain

f*** Jeff Francouer and whoever thought it's smart to intentionally walk him 4 times

f*** Luis Mendoza

f*** Kelvin Herrera

f*** Greg Holland

f*** the really fast guy that gave Konerko a concussion and whose name I can't think of right now

f*** Ned Yost

f*** Jonathan Sanchez for sucking so much that he had to get traded for Jeremy Guthrie

f*** Melky Cabrera, his roids, and his fluke 2011 season that resulted in him getting traded for Sanchez, who then got traded for Guthrie.

f*** that roid-head Salvador Perez, I can't wait until he gets suspended 50 games for PEDs.

Most importantly, f*** DAYTON MOORE.

Okay, I'm done.

I lol'd.

I'm with some in saying that it isn't a great year if we don't win this thing. We've been basically handed the division, but can't take it. Good year, yes, but not great.

You know why this season sucks? Because now I'm going to hate every second of the playoffs instead of enjoying them like last year, and now KW/RH are goin to make 3 lateral acquisitions in the offseason, the team will be expected to compete, and it will blow. And it will be another wasted season.

If you're going to win, then f***ing win. Bunch of f***ing s***ty babies.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
Maybe I'm the only one who sees it, but this team has left everything on the field this year. They're gassed at this point. If they can win 6 or 7 in a row or whatever it is at this point and they can steal the division away from Detroit, that's fine, but I absolutely have no problem with this year.

Sox are banged up, but you could definitely make an argument that they are also choking big time.

Overall I'm happy with how the season has been, except once again it seems we struggle in September just like we did in 2008, 2005, 2003, maybe 2000? What I'm getting at is struggling in meaningful games in September. It'd be awesome to run the table on the final 7 games, get in, and do some damage. I am happy and surprised with how the season has gone, but with leading the division like we have done for so long, I won't be satisfied unless we reach the playoffs.