GT 9/27: TB @ CWS, 7:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

We should try bunting in bases loaded situations from now on. But I don't trust Ventura to get creative like that...

we shoulda benched the hell out of these struggling vets a week ago but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 01:53 AM)
We should try bunting in bases loaded situations from now on. But I don't trust Ventura to get creative like that...

we shoulda benched the hell out of these struggled vets a week ago but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point.

If Konerko had wrist surgery at the end of May and missed the rest of the season, I don't think the Sox would have been any worse than what's taken place. Dunn's played a great 1B this season, and maybe it would have forced Kenny to go out and get some more offense.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)

we shoulda benched the hell out of these struggling vets a week ago but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point.

He would have to find a guy who has bunted less than Youk. So expect a Dunn or PK bunt real soon.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)
There are no words for how mentally toast this team is at the plate.

Its whitesox baseball once you get past the ASB. The minute the race gets hot, their bats go silent. The minute they are out of it, the bats heat up again.

The inability of this team to hit with RISP isn't just on the players. It has to be on the coaching staff as well. All of this is mental and approach-based. It has little to do with luck now. They've been far too awful for this to be bad luck.

Whenever this team gets runners on, our hitters just don't know what the f*** to do.