GT 9/27: TB @ CWS, 7:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Well, at least most of Soxtalk is happy. They predict bad play all season and all game and they finally get it!

Exactly....just waiting for the people to say we need to blow up the entire team. Start with a clean slate.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
No reason to be a dickhead you f***ing n00b, I'm just saving you money on that Brent Morel jersey you were gonna buy.

hahaha oh boy.Go have a piece a cake and a cup of coffee. Relax a little.

Edited by Baron

LOL. 8 over .500 with six games to go. Losing all six would put us at a Sox-like two over .500 for the season.

To summarize that game ...

Bases loaded two innings in a row with less than two outs and we get one run because they hit Viciedo with a pitch. Or did we get 2 runs. Whoopie.

In a tie game we get a runner on with nobody out and can't put a bunt down and we have a pinch runner make a Little League mistake for the weirdest double play ever.

Hopefully next year we will be in the same position as this year, stay a little bit healthier as a team, and not choke.

p.s. Thanks Royals, you got your wish. Detroit wins the division, not your hated White Sox. Congrats, you ruined our season by beating us and nobody else and also laying down vs. the Tigers 4 straight.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Tigers somehow went on to win the World Series now? LOL

That would just be the cherry on top of the fail sundae.

Why wouldn't that happen, too. It happened with the Packers, it happened with the Heat. Our sports rivals always seem to go all the way at our expense.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
BECAUSE TWO PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN 8 YEARS IS SUCCESS. AMIRITE?

No but the point was front office's dont react like that thankfully. Otherwise there would be blow ups almost every year. Sorry that you completely missed the point. Fortunately for fans the GM is usually much more calm and collected. You would know this if you read and talk to those people.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 04:28 AM)
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Tigers somehow went on to win the World Series now? LOL

Why wouldn't that happen, too. It happened with the Packers, it happened with the Heat. Our sports rivals always seem to go all the way at our expense.

Not to be "that" fan, but 2005 made all those scenarios you mentioned much easier to handle

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 04:27 AM)
Weird, but this is still doable. Didn't Detroit have a 3 game lead with 4 to play a few years ago?

Yeah. I think they lead basically every day of the season except the last. Difference is they were playing the Twins who swept them at the end.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
I would have LOVED to have made the playoffs in Ventura's first year.. Hopefully this gives him something to build off of next season. KW/Hahn, get us those last few pieces to push us over the top, please!

2013 is going to be our year.

more mental midgets

2nd tier NL talent

free agents who never been in a post season

too much financial resources in the DH position

That's the KW era.

I'll take better scouting and better minor league instruction.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 04:24 AM)
Well, at least most of Soxtalk is happy. They predict bad play all season and all game and they finally get it!

Are you serious? Get a clue. Can you fathom this fact?: We WANT the White Sox to win. Many of us are furious the team has choked (that eighth inning debacle) and has played like a bunch of morons much of the second half. It's one thing getting beaten out by Detroit; it's another going through this bulls***. Our baseball team has given the division to an underachieving Detroit team that will probably bury us by June next year because Detroit probably will play to its potential after a down season.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 04:25 AM)
Exactly....just waiting for the people to say we need to blow up the entire team. Start with a clean slate.

Team has a lot of roster work to do. Losing Peavy will decimate the pitching staff. Q, Humber and Santiago have a lot to prove. Peavy throws meat many times but the loss of his innings pretty much guarantees us to NOT be contenders unless we pick up an innings eater. And Guthrie will not be the answer. We need a good starting pitcher to replace Peavy.

Also Youk is likely gone and we have no third baseman. We wasted career years from Rios and AJP who could regress. Sox are in a heap of uncertainty moving forward.

THIS WAS OUR YEAR.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)

It's not impossible. Then again Fielder and Cabrera, both who appear to have not slumped this whole season, finally happens and they're done.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
Are you serious? Get a clue. Can you fathom this fact?: We WANT the White Sox to win. Many of us are furious the team has choked (that eighth inning debacle) and has played like a bunch of morons much of the second half. It's one thing getting beaten out by Detroit; it's another going through this bulls***. Our baseball team has given the division to an underachieving Detroit team that will probably bury us by June next year because Detroit probably will play to its potential after a down season.

Team has a lot of roster work to do. Losing Peavy will decimate the pitching staff. Q, Humber and Santiago have a lot to prove. Peavy throws meat many times but the loss of his innings pretty much guarantees us to NOT be contenders unless we pick up an innings eater. And Guthrie will not be the answer. We need a good starting pitcher to replace Peavy.

Also Youk is likely gone and we have no third baseman. We wasted career years from Rios and AJP who could regress. Sox are in a heap of uncertainty moving forward.

THIS WAS OUR YEAR.

I acknowledged that yesterday. I actually like the uncertainty.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
more mental midgets

2nd tier NL talent

That's the KW era.

Drafting guys with fundamental swings. Not looking for light tower power. You can do that once in a while, but good lord every year we are picking more Borchards up hoping that one will land.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
No but the point was front office's dont react like that thankfully. Otherwise there would be blow ups almost every year. Sorry that you completely missed the point. Fortunately for fans the GM is usually much more calm and collected. You would know this if you read and talk to those people.

Nobody missed the point, except for you missing mine. Let me spell it out because you missed it: Our front office doesn't know it's head from it's ass. Moving KW out of his role is a step in the right direction, albeit a very minor, nearly insignificant step.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
more mental midgets

2nd tier NL talent

That's the KW era.

In other words a plan. Everyone loves "going for it" every year, well this has been the end result far too often.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
Nobody missed the point, except for you missing mine. Let me spell it out because you missed it: Our front office doesn't know it's head from it's ass. Moving KW out of his role is a step in the right direction, albeit a very minor, nearly insignificant step.

I wasnt having that discussion at all with the previous poster which was the point. Im sorry you think Kenny wont be involved heavily in the moves this offseason. He will be.