GT 9/27: TB @ CWS, 7:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 04:08 AM)
I wonder of we'll break 5K in attendance tomorrow.

How could anybody attend? Sox should give away free tickets. You can't pay real fans to watch this crap.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 04:10 AM)
Our guys should take note. That how a player comes up in a situtation and drives a mistake pitch into the night. Our guys have a hard time swinging with the cold yellow liquid flowing down their pantleg as we put the pressure on ourselves. Bases loaded, no outs and we tinkle down the pantleg.

You said it all. Our hitters are choking. They get one opening and BAM.

We have some excellent arm chair quarterbacking tonight because I don't see these managerial moves as anything but what would seem obvious at the time. You pinch run a guy that you don't want to hit and you pinch hit your best pinch hitter who has had several bunt singles in our uniform to lay down a bunt. If he fails to do that, you know that he knows how to hit his way out of a paper bag.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)
We have some excellent arm chair quarterbacking tonight because I don't see these managerial moves as anything but what would seem obvious at the time. You pinch run a guy that you don't want to hit and you pinch hit your best pinch hitter who has had several bunt singles in our uniform to lay down a bunt. If he fails to do that, you know that he knows how to hit his way out of a paper bag.

Yep....

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Hard for me to perceive that as a dumb play, it's not always easy to see what the baserunner is doing at first base when you're trying to watch the pitcher

I'm not so sure that was a hit and run. Dumb for Alexei is swinging first pitch a majority of his ABs with minimal success.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Disagree. I think he's done a tremendous job getting this far with a bullpen of rookies. Sure he made his mistakes, but to compete for the division until the last week of the season? I don't know how you can be hard on the guy. It's not like he was handed the keys to the Yankees.

Absolutely. This pitching staff has simply been unmanageable the last 6 weeks of the season.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 03:13 AM)

Even Stone said that Wise is bad bunting for a sacrifice. Wise is also far and away our fastest runner, yet he decided to use Danks instead.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 04:13 AM)

I blame Wise more than Robin, but WTF. That inning was laughable, Danks included.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Even Stone said that Wise is bad bunting for a sacrifice. Wise is also far and away our fastest runner, yet he decided to use Danks instead.

HA! That's a fun way to interpret that conversation. That was "sometimes guys that bunt for a hit well are not good sacrifice bunters, we'll see if Wise falls into that category since he looked like s*** bunting the first pitch"