Word on 35th . . .

Marty34

Take this FWIW, sometimes my guy on 35th street is right, sometimes he isn't.

- Don't expect KW to stay long as President, there just isn't enough for him to do. Basically it's a "job well done" spot for him until a desirable GM job opens (Dodgers?) my guy is a pro KW guy by the way.

- When I asked if Ventura likes being a manager he said that he likes the teaching aspect of the job.

- Hahn thinks "very highly" of Guillen. When Hahn thinks they have a team ready to win Guillen would be at the top of his list for managers. They think Guillen is burnt out and would benfit from a year away from the game.

My guy laid out a scenario where in a year or two Ventura replaces Buddy Bell as director of minor leagues and Guillen returns as manager. Guillen (obviously) won't return while KW is still with the organization. While my guy did not say Hahn is anti-Ventura, he did say he was tight with Guillen.. All this kinda surprised me because wasn't there a dust up between Hahn and Guillen on twitter?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good lord please no. I enjoyed Guillen's time here for the most part except his inane rants and his friggin' kids. Time to move on. As for Robin...just seems to me he really doesn't enjoy the whole "job" of being manager too much. Who knows...

I think Guillen, under very specific circumstances, could be a good manager again. Those circumstances are the ones that my guy said, he's burned out, needs to get away from MLB for a year or two, second he needs a team that's ready to win. When he doesn't have that he loses interest.

And why would anyone believe that a twice-failed Ozzie Guillen would be a good move for this organization?

Does Hahn want to wreck his GM career right off the bat?

It's insane. The White Sox are even dumber than I thought if they're even considering it.

The theory is that Ozzie will return to being a great manager with KW no longer around is preposterous.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
I think Guillen, under very specific circumstances, could be a good manager again. Those circumstances are the ones that my guy said, he's burned out, needs to get away from MLB for a year or two, second he needs a team that's ready to win. When he doesn't have that he loses interest.

That's why he has his trip to Spain in the offseason, usually scheduled the first day after the end of the regular season since he doesn't actually expect his teams to qualify...but does hope for them to fight for 2nd place playoff 1% pool shares so the likes of Jeff Cox and Greg Walker won't go broke.

I'd rather have Jerry Manuel or Jeff Torborg at the front of another youth movement than this nonsense.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
And why would anyone believe that a twice-failed Ozzie Guillen would be a good move for this organization?

Does Hahn want to wreck his GM career right off the bat?

It's insane. The White Sox are even dumber than I thought if they're even considering it.

The theory is that Ozzie will return to being a great manager with KW no longer around is preposterous.

but..but..it's Marty's guy

Seriously, if this were a poll question...and there's no point to even doing one, would you rather have Ozzie Guillen as manager with KW completely out of the organization and Hahn left to run the show on his own or with KW still somewhat involved and ANYONE but Ozzie Guillen as manager, the pro-KW crowd despite the 3-9 or 3-10 (after Price tmrw) end of the season tailspin would run 90-95% against Ozzie.

And I really wouldn't be upset in the least if Ventura stepped down at the end of season.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
Take this FWIW, sometimes my guy on 35th street is right, sometimes he isn't.

- Don't expect KW to stay long as President, there just isn't enough for him to do. Basically it's a "job well done" spot for him until a desirable GM job opens (Dodgers?) my guy is a pro KW guy by the way.

- When I asked if Ventura likes being a manager he said that he likes the teaching aspect of the job.

- Hahn thinks "very highly" of Guillen. When Hahn thinks they have a team ready to win Guillen would be at the top of his list for managers. They think Guillen is burnt out and would benfit from a year away from the game.

My guy laid out a scenario where in a year or two Ventura replaces Buddy Bell as director of minor leagues and Guillen returns as manager. Guillen (obviously) won't return while KW is still with the organization. While my guy did not say Hahn is anti-Ventura, he did say he was tight with Guillen.. All this kinda surprised me because wasn't there a dust up between Hahn and Guillen on twitter?

Wow. I never thought Oz would be back. This gives me hope. But what about this twitter war between Oz and Hahn? I don't remember that one.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
He's right sometimes, he's wrong sometimes. He's in a position to know the relationship between Hahn and Guillen when Guillen was here.

And he could have a great relationship with Buddy Bell, too, for all we know.

Even if they were lovers (Hahn and Ozzie), there's not a snowball's chance in Hades of Ozzie being named the Sox manager right now after what transpired in Miami this past season.

It's a little bit like the Steve Alford situation vis a vis Indiana. The native son left and managed to look so bad that he never really had a viable option of returning home as coach/manager.

Ozzie MIGHT get a 3rd managerial job, but it's going to take another 3-5 years and he's going to have to do an amazing job of convincing that GM/ownership group he's ready to manage again and put the team before promoting himself and his family's interests.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
There's plenty of guys on 35th, with the logic of this person, it's most likely one of the crack dealers around there.

Looks like, smells like, tastes like, it's gotta be bulls***.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
That's why he has his trip to Spain in the offseason, usually scheduled the first day after the end of the regular season since he doesn't actually expect his teams to qualify...but those for them to fight for 2nd place playoff 1% pool shares.

I'd rather have Jerry Manuel or Jeff Torborg at the front of another youth movement than this nonsense.

That's bad.