Word on 35th . . .

Marty34

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
To me the crazy thing about the conversation wasn't Guillen being brought back at some point, it was the idea that the rebuild will take only a year or two. I laughed and told him minimum three years to rebuild this roster mess.

You have already states you are not qualified to make this sort of comment.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)
@DanHayesCSN

Robin Ventura said wants to return if #WhiteSox will have him. A.J. Pierzynski acknowledged Sunday could be his last home game at The Cell.

Credible since the Sox don't have away games at the Cell.

Is Ventura on the hot seat after 1 year of 3 on a contract?

This is why tweets are the stupidest thing a journalist can do.

Marty, you seem like a guy who understands internet forums pretty well.

There's this thing about "credibility" that members of an Internet forum generate. Perhaps this point is lost on you. See, when certain people post on this forum, I read their content with great interest. What do you think your "credibility" on this forum is? From my point of view you have absolutely none, based on everything I have ever seen you post here.

You, sir, are a vulture. The worst kind. You have waited all season to swoop in with the worst kind of hearsay possible. Your first thread, 8th in AL, slams the general manager baselessly, and when called out on your stupid s***, you feign ignorance and throw your hands in the air. Do you even realize what kind of jackass hypocrite that particular thread made you look like to 90% of Soxtalk? Probably not - or we wouldn't have gotten your Legacy thread. Your masterwork, if you will.

See, here is the kind of thread I will heartily enjoy bumping for approximately the next 5 years. It completely sums

up everything you need to know about Marty. It's filled with ridiculous nonsense only a gullible child could ever believe, and is so outrageously self servingly bitter. During a week when many Sox fans have had their hearts broken by this team, you just can't wait to pile on. You just cant help yourself. I think that speaks volumes of your intentions here.

Congratulations on being a complete dick.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)

There's this thing about "credibility" that members of an Internet forum generate. Perhaps this point is lost on you. See, when certain people post on this forum, I read their content with great interest. What do you think your "credibility" on this forum is? From my point of view you have absolutely none, based on everything I have ever seen you post here.

You, sir, are a vulture. The worst kind. You have waited all season to swoop in with the worst kind of hearsay possible. Your first thread, 8th in AL, slams the general manager baselessly, and when called out on your stupid s***, you feign ignorance and throw your hands in the air. Do you even realize what kind of jackass hypocrite that particular thread made you look like to 90% of Soxtalk? Probably not - or we wouldn't have gotten your Legacy thread. Your masterwork, if you will.

See, here is the kind of thread I will heartily enjoy bumping for approximately the next 5 years. It completely sums

up everything you need to know about Marty. It's filled with ridiculous nonsense only a gullible child could ever believe, and is so outrageously self servingly bitter. During a week when many Sox fans have had their hearts broken by this team, you just can't wait to pile on. You just cant help yourself. I think that speaks volumes of your intentions here.

I've read your posts. I don't respect your opinion either. I'm not going to call you names.

Ok guys it's an interesting discussion, don't ruin it with name calling. Marty can be interesting and brings out passion from a lot of posters but I haven't seen him call anybody names. Let's keep it cool don't get yourself suspended from something you all enjoy. :cheers

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
Guillen and Williams had to be broken up. No way this mess of a roster gets rebuilt in less than three years anyway, Guillen has plenty of time to either a.) get another managerial job or b.) rebuild his reputation.

You keep talking about a rebuild and I firmly disagree that this team needs to be rebuilt. Had they had a healthy PK for the last 2 months of the season this is probably a 90+ win team...90+ win teams dont rebuild.

As far as Ozzie coming back, I just don't see it. If Venturas heart is not in coaching, which i see no signs of it not, I'd much rather go a different direction....I liked the mention of Chris Singleton

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
You keep talking about a rebuild and I firmly disagree that this team needs to be rebuilt. Had they had a healthy PK for the last 2 months of the season this is probably a 90+ win team...90+ win teams dont rebuild.

As far as Ozzie coming back, I just don't see it. If Venturas heart is not in coaching, which i see no signs of it not, I'd much rather go a different direction....I liked the mention of Chris Singleton

100 percent agree. There really is no reason for a rebuild.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 06:38 AM)
Greg, you keep mentioning late season melt downs.

Those were consistent with Ozzie every single year, including 05.

Yes, the Sox have been a bizarre finisher for a while now. Thank God we won it all at least one year. It looks like it's going to be a long time before we sniff another pennant with this mixture of players.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
Believe what you want to believe. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

You guys that never go to the park crack me up. As I've said earlier, I've spent an obscene amount of money on the Sox over the years. That's ok, I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it. Anyway, when you are at the park as often as I have been, you get to know people.

Marty what do you do for a living? You've got a lot of cash, spread it around and give us some.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
So tell me how a pitching coach works around a team that is half rookies, partially injured, and the rest are at half decade and/or career highs for IP?

I'm just trying to point out Coop is not worthy of all the praise he gets from soxdom.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)
If reinsdorf brings guillen back he's the biggest dufus ever, I wouldn't spend a dime on the team if that happens, he quit he turned his back on the team. That's enough right there to everybody turn there back on him. Ozzie's act got old real quick...

Ozzie's not coming back anytime soon. Robin says he wants to be back in the blog. That means he enjoys managing. He better hope the team doesn't continue dropping series after series through June next year or it'll be a whole different kind of season. We'll be out of it early.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
I may be the only one here and I'll get serious backlash here from the stat lovers but I for one don't want AJ back

I think he's gone; we lost Mark last year; AJ to follow this year. I'd make him a decent offer and keep him. You can do a lot worse than AJP at catcher.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)

Wild post by Hibbard, pretty interesting and passion filled. You are right that the Sox broke our hearts. It has been pretty heartbreaking, this utter choke job.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
But they ain't a 90 win team. This team has to be tweaked, need to remove some dumb players, balance it out some.

Because our cleanup hitter is batting around .240 with less RBIs than our 9 hole hitter over the final 2 months. That spells disaster.

I think we win 2 against the indians in the final series to put us at 85 wins. 10 of the 16 losses this month were by 2 runs or less, i think its safe to assume with a healthy offense we could have won half those, or even 2 or 3 and 2 or 3 the previous month to put us around 90 wins.

If you wanna blame RV or PK for not sitting out to heal up, I wouldnt disagree.

Your wrist is pretty important in baseball, he's not getting the same whip he was earlier in the season

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)

The Sox offensive core will be a year older, that's not a good thing. If Konerko comes back, they still have to replace Pierzynski and Youkillis, not to mention Peavy on the pitching side just to get back to an 80ish win team.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
The Sox offensive core will be a year older, that's not a good thing. If Konerko comes back, they still have to replace Pierzynski and Youkillis, not to mention Peavy on the pitching side just to get back to an 80ish win team.

Getting Danks back should help.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)

The problem is once again we won't be in the wild card hunt. It's not going to be a team capable of sticking with the big boys record wise through the course of a season. So that means win the division. The Sox unfortunately can't seem to win enough head to head divisional matchups to get that done. If it's not the Royals next year, it'll be the Indians. The Tigers simply have a much much better team and I would think will win 12 or more vs. us again.

The key I guess is to avoid having a season where we are out of it early like the Royals and Cubs. That would mean the Cell would be as dead as it has been pretty much all season, not just the months of Sept. and April.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)
Because our cleanup hitter is batting around .240 with less RBIs than our 9 hole hitter over the final 2 months. That spells disaster.

I think we win 2 against the indians in the final series to put us at 85 wins. 10 of the 16 losses this month were by 2 runs or less, i think its safe to assume with a healthy offense we could have won half those, or even 2 or 3 and 2 or 3 the previous month to put us around 90 wins.

If you wanna blame RV or PK for not sitting out to heal up, I wouldnt disagree.

Your wrist is pretty important in baseball, he's not getting the same whip he was earlier in the season

Exactly that's why you tweak the team, paulie will be 37 next season, I hope he can comeback strong. There are other things that need to adreesed too

Marty, if you have inside sources, what is their feeling about Buehrle? Do they want him back? Do you or they agree with me that losing him was like losing a coach? He would have done wonders with our young pitchers IMO. If Miami is rebuilding why the hell would they want to keep Mark? We really need him IMO.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Exactly that's why you tweak the team, paulie will be 37 next season, I hope he can comeback strong. There are other things that need to adreesed too

Paulies a professional hitter, he's gonna come back and be much better than he has been the final 2 months of the season...he'll be the starting 1B next year no questions asked...