RIP 2012

southsider2k5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way in hell the team deserves an A of any kind in my opinion. The last month counts in any grading scale.

Because of the last month being a total embarrassment I reluctantly give the Sox a B. But the B would be on the lower numerical end of the B scale. No A- here. I'd give the team a grade of B which I'm sure will please all the players. After watching their interviews they are all pretty satisfied with the season since everybody expected them to suck.

To me, this is the bottom line on 2012. In a season where we cut payroll by about 20%, and lost guys like Mark Buehrle, Carlos Quentin, and Edwin Jackson, this team improved by 5 games (could be 6 if we win tonight).

They got younger and better. Not to mention they improved their brand of baseball. 2012 isn't a total loss. Especially with the pitching we had step to the forefront, not to mention the resurrections of Rios and Dunn, this is a better baseball team going forward.