Final day of the season

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
Oakland is full of so many "Who?'s" it's ridiculous. Besides Cespedes and maybe Reddick, it's a team of nobodies and they are getting it done. Pretty impressive, I must say.

It's also nice to see The Coliseum packed for an A's game.

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
Oakland is full of so many "Who?'s" it's ridiculous. Besides Cespedes and maybe Reddick, it's a team of nobodies and they are getting it done. Pretty impressive, I must say.

I typically haven't been a fan of the A's... but after back to back WS losses I've had enough of the Rangers.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
f*** them, they don't bother to show up for the other 80 games. Their attendance is worse than the White Sox!

Well, I obviously have no one to root for and that was just an awesome display of awesomeness...As a hardcore (music) fan seeing the whole crowd hardcore dancing was just an awesome sight to see. Theyre also a pretty good story.

Here's another flaw in the system...

If the Yankees lose, the A's and Yankees will both be 94-68. They were 5-5 against each other, so then it goes to divisional record. Here's the problem...the A's only play 57 division games, while the Yankees play 72 games. So if the Yankees lose (and the Orioles lose), the division records are:

A's: 33-24 (.579)

Yankees: 40-32 (.556)

I'm rooting for the Yankees and Orioles tonight, and hope the O's beat the Rangers on Friday.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)
Here's another flaw in the system...

If the Yankees lose, the A's and Yankees will both be 94-68. They were 5-5 against each other, so then it goes to divisional record. Here's the problem...the A's only play 57 division games, while the Yankees play 72 games. So if the Yankees lose (and the Orioles lose), the division records are:

A's: 33-24 (.579)

Yankees: 40-32 (.556)

I'm rooting for the Yankees and Orioles tonight, and hope the O's beat the Rangers on Friday.

Does game 163 count as part of your record ?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 06:14 PM)
Does game 163 count as part of your record ?

No, but that's another story.

Now that teams can lose divisions in 163, but still revert back to their 162-game record for a wild card tie breaker, I think they should just consider anything past Game 162 as postseason baseball. The stats should based on 162 for every team.

So the Orioles and Yankees could be at 94-68 after tonight, but the winner of tomorrow's tie-breaker would be notated as "winner of tie-breaker game". And the loser would play Texas.

Looks like Hellickson has it going, and the Orioles will be the 5-seed, and Yankees will beat the Red Sox....

If it holds,

Friday-

4PM-- Cardinals at Braves

7PM-- Orioles at Rangers

A's at Tigers on Saturday

Reds at Giants on Saturday

Yankees at Wild Card winner on Sunday

Nationals at Wild Card winner on Sunday

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 09:41 PM)
A's are incredibly hot right now, gonna be a tough task for Detroit.

Also Oakland has a better record than Detroit, why do they have to go on the road to start?

Blame MLB.

ALDS is played in 2 away 3 at home format for the higher seed this year. They had no time to make it 2-2-1 this year.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Blame MLB.

ALDS is played in 2 away 3 at home format for the higher seed this year. They had no time to make it 2-2-1 this year.

Ahh. Gotcha.

I think Oakland is gonna steamroll the Tigers. They are on fire rigt now.