The Debates!

greg775

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)
And he called it terrorism the next day,but yet his UN ambassador came out five days later saying what???

Without ~details~, who will ever know?!

edit: seriously, they were unclear on this for a bit, but Obama said it was a terrorist attack on 9/12. Period. To say otherwise is to lie.

edit2: is there a non-Daily Caller-type site that has a summary of these statements? I haven't really been following this dumb "they blamed a video!" non-issue.

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
Without ~details~, who will ever know?!

edit: seriously, they were unclear on this for a bit, but Obama said it was a terrorist attack on 9/12. Period. To say otherwise is to lie.

edit2: is there a non-Daily Caller-type site that has a summary of these statements? I haven't really been following this dumb "they blamed a video!" non-issue.

That is my point. If they felt/knew it was terrorism, why send the UN ambassador out five days later on every Sunday morning show to say otherwise.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
That is my point. If they felt/knew it was terrorism, why send the UN ambassador out five days later on every Sunday morning show to say otherwise.

I don't know. But Romney lied when he said that they didn't call it an act of terror, because Obama did, the next day.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)

If you reallycare somuch about intelligence failures, I seriously hope you didnt vote for Bush after 9/11, Iraq etc.

People make mistakes, who cares either way. If that is the reason you dont want vote for someone, so be it.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
Gawd...listening to these two guys makes me want to punch myself in the face.

"I never said that."

"Yes you did!"

"Oh yea, well you said this!"

"No I didn't, I said this!"

"No you did not, you said this!"

"Oh yeah, well you said this!"

It's like two school children fighting. I'm sick of the political discourse in this country, because this it's the apex of what it's become: He said/He said...and odds are, everything they said has a small kernel of truth to it...but for the most part, it's a complete fabrication of reality or facts.

Hah, go back and read the filibuster :)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
Obama makes a statement that Romney wont tell anyone his plan, that his math doesnt add up.

Romney gets up and says, yeah it adds up, but you have a deficit. And thats it. Zero plan. What is your plan dude, what IS IT????

Conservative fiscal policy would interest me, but I see no evidence that it is anything other than pure BS that will f*** the budget, benefits, and the non-upper middle class

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
Romney on guns: we need two-parent families!

lol, he did this because he is really close to the President on this issue but still wanted to appeal to his base

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
she correctly pointed out that one of the debaters was unequivocally wrong with his charge.

the moderator should try to keep debaters from lying and thus straying off of the topic -- when the moderator calls you out, it is very gentle and doesn't score political points the way it does when your competitor does

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
no one believes Romney when he says he's against outsourcing. it's a losing issue for him.

loyal voters will believe it

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
99.99% of Americans care that Bin Laden was killed under his watch and could care less about embassy security. It's a dead end issue so I'm not sure why the conservatives keep talking about it. It's not resonating with anyone.

There are a good deal of people that won't believe he's done anything right. In general, being critical will raise doubts in people's minds about the candidate even if they don't believe the specific issue is worthy of critcism

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
I'm glad we had a debate just to see what was on the mind of Jews. That was a farce.

lol

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
Wow Obamas final answer was a complete dick move, really didnt answer and just railed Romney.

lol it was awesome

the moderator should try to keep debaters from lying and thus straying off of the topic -- when the moderator calls you out, it is very gentle and doesn't score political points the way it does when your competitor does

Disagree, Obama saying it could be written off as "he said, she said, who knows!" while the moderator stating that you are factually incorrect is more persuasive so long as the moderator is perceived as fair.

Disagree, Obama saying it could be written off as "he said, she said, who knows!" while the moderator stating that you are factually incorrect is more persuasive so long as the moderator is perceived as fair.

A moderator does not exist to tell people whats correct and whats incorrect.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)

I suppose the question is whether people are listening to the moderator that closely

Kerry on CNN made a point that Obama never can think of, Romney keeps telling us about how you made MA great, but why arent they going to vote for you.

You have to imagine there's some unspoken agreement that if Obama wont talk about Mass. too much Romney wont talk about Chicago. I've been wondering the same thing from both of them. Chicago's an embarrassment to the western world right now and Romney just lets it slide.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
You have to imagine there's some unspoken agreement that if Obama wont talk about Mass. too much Romney wont talk about Chicago. I've been wondering the same thing from both of them. Chicago's an embarrassment to the western world right now and Romney just lets it slide.

Care to explain? I'm not from there so I'm not sure what you're referring to. The violence?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)

When has Obama ever been in charge of Chicago? Never.

I think this may have been my favorite exchange:

ROMNEY: I — I think interesting the president just said something which — which is that on the day after the attack he went into the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror.

OBAMA: That’s what I said.

ROMNEY: You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror.

It was not a spontaneous demonstration, is that what you’re saying?

OBAMA: Please proceed governor.

That last line was stone-cold and Romney walked right into the trap.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
Kerry on CNN made a point that Obama never can think of, Romney keeps telling us about how you made MA great, but why arent they going to vote for you.

Biden brought it up in the VP debate I think...he pointed out that Romney isn't even contesting the state.