The David Wright and Jake Peavy Thread

Quin

QUOTE (oldsox @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 09:22 AM)
What were the Pads thinking of when they gave him that deal? Blows my mind.

His deal was pretty much right in line for what a Cy Young and Triple Crown winning pitcher should be making. It wasn't until he started get injured that it looked bad.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 07:15 AM)
This is first click after google search, I will let the prospect gurus give us an insight if he's actually any good.

I guess this makes Headly somehow expendable, could be reason why he wasn't signed to extension while guy like Quentin was.

Didn't I read somewhere that the Padres had scouts at our last several games?

Headley for Dan Johnson!.......okay, we can throw in Olmeda too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
In the real world, could a deal look something like Quintana for Headley?

No chance. Headley absolutely blew up this year. The Padres were asking for a ton even before his sensational 2nd half. Padres would probably do Headley for Sale, but that's about the caliber of trade chip he's become. All signs point to the Padres keeping him though.

People are underrating a 23 year old lefty with a 3.75 ERA, 130 IP and who stays under team control for quite a while before you have to start paying him. Quintana has real value, not Chris Sale-like value, but still good. If we got John Danks for Brandon McCarthy we can score something pretty for Jose Quintana

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
People are underrating a 23 year old lefty with a 3.75 ERA, 130 IP and who stays under team control for quite a while before you have to start paying him. Quintana has real value, not Chris Sale-like value, but still good. If we got John Danks for Brandon McCarthy we can score something pretty for Jose Quintana

While I agree with this, I still think it would be far more significant pieces + Quintana in order to acquire Headley.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
Check out Headley's home/road splits over the past 5 years. Playing half his games in Petco really hid some of his potential.

Home/Road OPS

2008: .665/.831

2009: .651/.803

2010: .635/.766

2011: .674/.864

2012: .812/.937

Let's hope Beckham blows up like that.