Soxfest announcement

southsider2k5

White Sox Fans,

Don't miss SoxFest 2013 and your opportunity to meet some of your favorite current and former White Sox players, collect autographs, attend question-and-answer sessions, participate in interactive baseball activities and visit the ever-popular SoxFest Garage Sale featuring unique White Sox memorabilia and collectibles.

SoxFest 2013 will be held January 25 - 27 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago. Two-night hotel packages for SoxFest, which is presented by Miller Lite, Pepsi and Comcast SportsNet, along with weekend passes, are currently on sale at whitesox.com. The special SoxFest hotel rate is $278 (plus applicable taxes and fees) for a two-night stay and fans who book a two-night stay are eligible to also purchase up to four SoxFest weekend passes.

Early-bird rates on weekend passes are available for only $60 until November 1. After November 1, the weekend pass price will go up to $75.

SoxFest hotel packages and weekend passes will be available for purchase in the same transaction at whitesox.com. Weekend passes only are available for purchase by fans who book the two-night stay, and Friday night of SoxFest will be open only to hotel guests with weekend passes.

Can't wait to see all of the great White Sox fans this January!

Sincerely,

The White Sox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
White Sox Fans,

Don't miss SoxFest 2013 and your opportunity to meet some of your favorite current and former White Sox players, collect autographs, attend question-and-answer sessions, participate in interactive baseball activities and visit the ever-popular SoxFest Garage Sale featuring unique White Sox memorabilia and collectibles.

SoxFest 2013 will be held January 25 - 27 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago. Two-night hotel packages for SoxFest, which is presented by Miller Lite, Pepsi and Comcast SportsNet, along with weekend passes, are currently on sale at whitesox.com. The special SoxFest hotel rate is $278 (plus applicable taxes and fees) for a two-night stay and fans who book a two-night stay are eligible to also purchase up to four SoxFest weekend passes.

Early-bird rates on weekend passes are available for only $60 until November 1. After November 1, the weekend pass price will go up to $75.

SoxFest hotel packages and weekend passes will be available for purchase in the same transaction at whitesox.com. Weekend passes only are available for purchase by fans who book the two-night stay, and Friday night of SoxFest will be open only to hotel guests with weekend passes.

Can't wait to see all of the great White Sox fans this January!

Sincerely,

The White Sox

Is the price much lower this year?

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 05:51 PM)
Is Sox Fest something worth attending? Not really familiar with all that goes on, but it might make a nice X-Mas gift for the Mrs.

Went to my first one last year and loved it personally. But it did get expensive between hotel, passes, food, drinks and parking it was PRICEY.

If they can sell out at higher prices, I can't really fault them for making the price higher.

They could just use a larger convention hall, keep the tickets the same price, and up their total capacity. But no, they stay were they've been and just let the prices stay stupidly high.

I won't complain too loudly about Soxfest. Profits go to charity, so yeah.

Palmer House Hilton's profits also, or just the Sox portion? I don't have a problem with the cost of Soxfest tickets. I do have a problem with shelling out all that money for a hotel room.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 07:42 AM)
Palmer House Hilton's profits also, or just the Sox portion? I don't have a problem with the cost of Soxfest tickets. I do have a problem with shelling out all that money for a hotel room.

Honestly for two nights on Grant Park at a nice hotel, $280 isn't that bad. Hell I spent $280 a night to stay at the Hilton in Times Square this past spring (well my company did...).

Honestly for two nights on Grant Park at a nice hotel, $280 isn't that bad. Hell I spent $280 a night to stay at the Hilton in Times Square this past spring (well my company did...).

I can almost always get under $100/night for a 4-star hotel downtown, especially in January, and if I need to make the trip on an even tighter budget I can get a 3-star hotel out by Midway for under $70/night and take the Orange line downtown, so in my mind the cost for Soxfest is about $100 more than the cost of the actual pass to the event.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)
I can almost always get under $100/night for a 4-star hotel downtown, especially in January, and if I need to make the trip on an even tighter budget I can get a 3-star hotel out by Midway for under $70/night and take the Orange line downtown, so in my mind the cost for Soxfest is about $100 more than the cost of the actual pass to the event.

Priceline will get you ridiculous deals. When it was at the Hyatt, you could get a room on Priceline for less than $60 a night.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)

True. But $140 a night at the Hilton is still a pretty good deal.