Soxfest announcement

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 08:56 AM)
Honestly for two nights on Grant Park at a nice hotel, $280 isn't that bad. Hell I spent $280 a night to stay at the Hilton in Times Square this past spring (well my company did...).

You managed a room at a Hilton in Times Square for only $280? That's incredibly cheap for that area at that level of hotel.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 09:38 AM)
You managed a room at a Hilton in Times Square for only $280? That's incredibly cheap for that area at that level of hotel.

The funny thing was I thought staying there would be pretty nice, after all it is Hilton, right? They wanted $16 a night for WiFi. Yeah. Back to the Holiday Inn where I get it for free.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
If they can sell out at higher prices, I can't really fault them for making the price higher.

I'm not so sure they sell out anymore. I think the attendance has gone way down since they doubled the prices when they moved it to the Hilton.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Priceline will get you ridiculous deals. When it was at the Hyatt, you could get a room on Priceline for less than $60 a night.
The sox deal was not much higher, and you got FREE soxfest passes as well as four free tickets to an april game. I think I paid $180 in 2006, and got over $300 in ticket and soxfest pass value.

Soxfest should be at McCormick Place. Brewers and Pirates have thier fests in actual convention centers. Those same convention centers had enough room for the MLB All-Star Fanfests that were in milwaukee(2002) and pitt(2006).

AND, the brewers give you FREE game tickets for your $15 brewersfest ticket purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

White Sox Fans,

We are happy to announce that we are extending the "early-bird discount" rate for SoxFest weekend passes! Weekend passes will now be $60 until November 9. After November 9, the weekend pass price will be $75.

SoxFest 2013 weekend passes are available for sale to fans who book the SoxFest two-night hotel package. The special SoxFest hotel rate is $278 (plus applicable taxes and fees) for a two-night stay and fans who book a two-night stay are eligible to purchase up to four SoxFest weekend passes.

SoxFest 2013

January 25-27

Palmer House Hilton

Don't miss SoxFest and your opportunity to meet some of your favorite current and former White Sox players, collect autographs, attend question-and-answer sessions, participate in interactive baseball activities and visit the ever-popular SoxFest Garage Sale, featuring unique White Sox memorabilia and collectibles.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
White Sox Fans,

We are happy to announce that we are extending the "early-bird discount" rate for SoxFest weekend passes! Weekend passes will now be $60 until November 9. After November 9, the weekend pass price will be $75.

SoxFest 2013 weekend passes are available for sale to fans who book the SoxFest two-night hotel package. The special SoxFest hotel rate is $278 (plus applicable taxes and fees) for a two-night stay and fans who book a two-night stay are eligible to purchase up to four SoxFest weekend passes.

SoxFest 2013

January 25-27

Palmer House Hilton

Don't miss SoxFest and your opportunity to meet some of your favorite current and former White Sox players, collect autographs, attend question-and-answer sessions, participate in interactive baseball activities and visit the ever-popular SoxFest Garage Sale, featuring unique White Sox memorabilia and collectibles.

They are going like hotcakes. Move it back to the Hyatt which can accomodate more fans so you can lower the price and have more attend and still have the money for the charity.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)
I may be in the minority, but I've never had any interest whatsoever in attending SoxFest.

I'm not into autographs, but I used to like the seminars discussing the upcoming season even though a lot of it was fluff. That was worth what you had to pay when it was at the Hyatt especially when they discounted season ticketholders 50%. Now, I have no interest.

Really, the most fun was had after-hours at the bar hanging out with fellow sox fans and chatting with the players when they came down. From what I've heard, that doesn't happen much anymore.

The town meetings with Sox brass was always interesting as well. Getting the actual autographs was probably 3rd on my list. Although I managed to get a picture with Hawk and DJ one year where they actually game out from behind the table and stood on either side of me. Their line was always much, much shorter.

I've also got a couple of blackmail pics of a friend of mine with Frank Thomas and Aaron Rowand. He's a Cubs fan.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
They are going like hotcakes. Move it back to the Hyatt which can accomodate more fans so you can lower the price and have more attend and still have the money for the charity.
soxfest is not a charity fundraiser.

only the garage sale at soxfest is charity minded.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
Today's the LAST DAY to take advantage of #SoxFest 2013 discounted wknd passes!

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox

Did we mention #SoxFest hotel guests purchasing a wknd pass get an exclusive #SoxFest Greg Luzinski bobblehead? #Score! pic.twitter.com/BONCOQun

f***ers are trying hard. gotta hand it to them....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...