Whatcha drinkin'?

Jake

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
I'm a pretty big beer geek. Just picked up 2 cases of Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds last week. I'll be enjoying one when I get home soon. :P

Best beer in the world.

i love zombie dust, i remember when Kuma's Corner had it on tap, i must've ordered about 6 rounds

I'm going to have to make a "to get" list when I'm back in IL over the Christmas holiday where the pickin's are pretty good. Here in TN that's not so much the case.

Really enjoying the locally brewed Yazoo Hefeweizen (favorite style of beer already) that was recommended to me already ITT. Awesome alternative to what had previously been my favorite in this style, Franziskaner (unfortunately owned by AB InBev). I will probably stick with the Yazoo indefinitely for this style.

hefeweizen-big.png

I also got a sixer of this even more local (Memphis) brew, Ghost River. Probably a bit more forgettable, honestly. Their best brew is one they don't bottle at this point, an amber ale. This one is a Kolsch.

6pack.jpg

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
I'm going to have to make a "to get" list when I'm back in IL over the Christmas holiday where the pickin's are pretty good. Here in TN that's not so much the case.

Really enjoying the locally brewed Yazoo Hefeweizen (favorite style of beer already) that was recommended to me already ITT. Awesome alternative to what had previously been my favorite in this style, Franziskaner (unfortunately owned by AB InBev). I will probably stick with the Yazoo indefinitely for this style.

hefeweizen-big.png

I also got a sixer of this even more local (Memphis) brew, Ghost River. Probably a bit more forgettable, honestly. Their best brew is one they don't bottle at this point, an amber ale. This one is a Kolsch.

6pack.jpg

Glad you liked the Yazoo Hefenweizen. That reminds me, I have to restock my fridge at home. Luckily I travel to Nashville enough for work.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
The New Glarus cherry beer (new belgium red) is absolutely delicious. It's not manly beer, but who cares, great as a change of pace. Over a pound of cherries in every bottle.

16 oz of cherries in a 12 oz bottle? :o

Triton in Indy has a peanut butter brown on tap right now. Spectacular.

Also of note, for those in Indy, SunKing has the best deal ever on Fridays (not new news, but passing it along for those that might not know)... $5 growler re-fills on Wee Mac, Osiris and the cream ale.

The craft beer scene in Indy has become quite good over the past 5 years.

I like to ask this to beer lovers...

how much/often do you drink? I assume most of us don't get hammered from our beer on a TOO regular basis, but I know a guy that is professional bodybuilder yet hardly spends a night sober. Freak of nature.

I tend to drink 1 per day, sometimes up to 3. I rarely, if ever, drink to intoxication...I'm just too busy.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
I like to ask this to beer lovers...

how much/often do you drink? I assume most of us don't get hammered from our beer on a TOO regular basis, but I know a guy that is professional bodybuilder yet hardly spends a night sober. Freak of nature.

I tend to drink 1 per day, sometimes up to 3. I rarely, if ever, drink to intoxication...I'm just too busy.

Just depends on the day. Normally every other, 1-3 a night. Weekends, different story haha.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)

Also of note, for those in Indy, SunKing has the best deal ever on Fridays (not new news, but passing it along for those that might not know)... $5 growler re-fills on Wee Mac, Osiris and the cream ale.

No doubt. It's really taking off. Sun King is great. Triton too. The up and comer Flat 12 is also turning some heads. Then you have Upland in Bloomington that is fantastic. 3 Floyds in Munster. Peoples... could go on forever. Craft beer in Indiana is huge.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
So I;ve taken a real interest in Pilsners this year for some reason, mostly drinking Krombacher and Victory. Any other interesting ones out there?

Speaking of Victory. Try their Hop Devil. Very, very good stuff.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 08:57 AM)

It is so like Indy to be 10 years behind the rest of the country... :lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
It is so like Indy to be 10 years behind the rest of the country... :lol:

LOL.

Glad its widespread though. For awhile there you had the same beers on tap at every hotel I stayed at around the country unless you went to Colorado or the west coast. Now everyone has their own beer selections and its great for the consumer and the small business.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
Just depends on the day. Normally every other, 1-3 a night. Weekends, different story haha.

I'm the same - fri/sat usually drink to drunk one of the nights, don't drink the other. Bears games I always have a beer in hand. And then I usually have a few beers once or twice during the week. That'll change a little when Illini basketball comes back to weekday nights. Do more heavy drinking when nervous/anxious

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
I'm the same - fri/sat usually drink to drunk one of the nights, don't drink the other. Bears games I always have a beer in hand. And then I usually have a few beers once or twice during the week. That'll change a little when Illini basketball comes back to weekday nights. Do more heavy drinking when nervous/anxious

I find myself pounding beers every buckeye game, dont even mean to. All of a sudden I've exhausted my 12 pack and I'm walking my dog down to dominicks to pick up another.