2012 WORLD SERIES OF BASEBALL!!!

Brian

Something I did not know until this morning - the marine, Nick Kemmel, who threw out the first pitch, is actually the nephew of a co-worker. Haven't listened to the video so they may have explained it at some point, but he lost both legs and his left arm in a roadside bomb in Iraq last year.

Here's the pitch

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
The Sox fan I know rooting for Detroit was born in Detroit and raised on the South Side.

Otherwise, the entire city of Detroit can f*** itself.

f*** AL Pride. I'd root for the Orioles, Blue Jays, Rays, Mariners, (and next year) Astros from the AL. That's it. I can't stand any team in our division, the Yankees or Red Sox, the Rangers, Angels, and A's.

I'll never root for Detroit in the WS unless they play the Cubs.

Preach, brotha!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
My point is it helps the Sox if Detroit wins it all. First of all, it should be the Sox playing the Giants. The fact Detroit breezed through the playoffs proves that could have been the Sox had the team not choked/ran out of gas/whatever. The second reason is Detroit will be complacent and lazy if they finally win it all. If they lose, they'll be pumped up to get back to the playoffs again. I mean our division is really s***ty. If they fall short, all they have to do is win a lousy division and try again. If they win it all, they'll maybe loaf and not care as much and Sox will be in better position.

Sometimes I wonder if the stuff you post is your real opinion or if you just throw this crap out to see everyone get riled up.

Greg is a troll or a very young person. The very nature of his reasoning leads most to believe that. If Detroit wins they will become complacent?

I don't even know how to respond to the absurdity of that post. ALL teams are trying to win it all every year. Who says "welp, we won last year, f*** everything else."

It feels good to see the GIANTS hammer the overrated Tigers. I did feel bad for Fister though, we may root against a team but noone wants to see people get hurt in the process.

Detroit will be complacent and lazy if they finally win it all....

give me a break, what teams would get complacent after winning it all? gee let's give the rest of baseball a turn to win it all.....yeah that sounds real good. Just look at what WE did after winning it all in 2005, we went out and got Jim Thome and many thought we would be back to back champs, unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

You think Boston fans rooted for the Yankees all those years hoping they would get complacent? It's like you don't even think before you type.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
Greg is a troll or a very young person. The very nature of his reasoning leads most to believe that. If Detroit wins they will become complacent?

I don't even know how to respond to the absurdity of that post. ALL teams are trying to win it all every year. Who says "welp, we won last year, f*** everything else."

It feels good to see the GIANTS hammer the overrated Tigers. I did feel bad for Fister though, we may root against a team but noone wants to see people get hurt in the process.

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
Makes it that much sadder...

I think a lot of people agree with my views, they just don't post a lot. The people that hate me are the ones that post.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
I think a lot of people agree with my views, they just don't post a lot. The people that hate me are the ones that post.

Positive thinking I guess...

Kind of like when I walk into a store and see a bunch of Cubs stuff and no Sox stuff at all. I just say to myself "Well, they must have just sold out of the Sox stuff already."

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
Positive thinking I guess...

Kind of like when I walk into a store and see a bunch of Cubs stuff and no Sox stuff at all. I just say to myself "Well, they must have just sold out of the Sox stuff already."

Haha nice!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
nobody hates you greg. They disagree with you and your views vehemently

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Greg it's the internet man, no one hates you. That is somewhat borderline delusions of grandeur.

Sweet. I sensed some hatred.