2012 WORLD SERIES OF BASEBALL!!!

Brian

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 08:47 PM)
Lincecum has been straight up filthy

I'm a Lincecum fan- it's great seeing contribute in a big way despite not starting.

Their situations are different, but how about Washington taking this approach with Strasburg instead of what they ended up doing? At first glance I think it's a resounding no- purely because you don't want to risk messing with him mentally by introducing him to a different role/taking him out of his comfort zone, but that was a pretty awful way to get bounced from the postseason, and who's to say shutting him down like that doesn't affect him/

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 11:52 PM)
In my opinion it shows you how weak the AL was this year, that's why I wanted Sox to get in and play the Yankees so bad. IMHO.

It shows nothing. The AL was better than the national league this year despite the fact that the Giants are likely going to win the world series. There are no dominant teams in baseball right now and when you have a short series anything is possible.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
The AL should be embarrassed. Giants should not be up, 3-0.

I will ask again, why should the AL be embarrassed? Who exactly should be embarassed? The players who constantly switch between leagues?

The Tigers are playing the Giants, not the American League.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 06:00 AM)
It shows nothing. The AL was better than the national league this year despite the fact that the Giants are likely going to win the world series. There are no dominant teams in baseball right now and when you have a short series anything is possible.

I beg to differ that the AL is better than the NL.

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 04:44 AM)
So do the Giants wrap it up tonight? Or does Scherzer salvage a game for the Tigers?

The Tigers bats are asleep. Cain should close it out tonight.

But...if the Tigers can get it to Verlander for Game 5 at home, you never know.

It's pretty incredible that a 3-0 lead in the World Series has never got to a 6th game.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 11:00 PM)

I think the talent is still better in the AL but when it comes to a team game, it appears the NL is better.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
I'm a Lincecum fan- it's great seeing contribute in a big way despite not starting.

Their situations are different, but how about Washington taking this approach with Strasburg instead of what they ended up doing? At first glance I think it's a resounding no- purely because you don't want to risk messing with him mentally by introducing him to a different role/taking him out of his comfort zone, but that was a pretty awful way to get bounced from the postseason, and who's to say shutting him down like that doesn't affect him/

Me too. It must be nice for a team to have strong enough pitching. Right now he's a very expensive reliever.