2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)
It was a joke, because lacrosse players are often labeled as being annoying douchebags.

Got it. Personally I love them they are the 2nd nuttiest group to work with. Second only to wrestlers. They are also one of the best athletes and extremely fun to watch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Ken RosenthalVerified ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Morales still #Angels player most likely to go. Desired return: Innings-eating SP. Morales won't get qualifying offer as FA at end of '13.

So who needs a 1b and can give up pitching? We have pitching to give up, but DH/1b is full.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
Houston Astros ‏@astros

#Astros acquire RHP John Ely from the Dodgers in exchange for minor league LHP Rob Rasmussen. Ely led the Triple A PCL in ERA (3.20) in '12.

Watch Ely put up Lucas Harrell like numbers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
Houston Astros ‏@astros

#Astros acquire RHP John Ely from the Dodgers in exchange for minor league LHP Rob Rasmussen. Ely led the Triple A PCL in ERA (3.20) in '12.

What's with the Astros taking all these s***ty ex-White Sox pitchers?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
What's with the Astros taking all these s***ty ex-White Sox pitchers?

Because they learned about 7 years ago, in a very painful way, that the Sox know how to develope good pitching!

;)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
Ken RosenthalVerified ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Morales still #Angels player most likely to go. Desired return: Innings-eating SP. Morales won't get qualifying offer as FA at end of '13.

Per Rotoworld....Mariners acquired DH Kendrys Morales from the Angels for RHP Jason Vargas.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 05:34 PM)
I hate Jason Vargas out of Seattle.

Good call, I should have remembered that considering how often I streamed him in fantasy at SafeCo. Although depending who the 3rd outfielder is, their outfield defense should help him out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
Seriously, where would Morales have played?

Balta I'm not saying we should have traded for Morales, but it seems like I've been hearing, that all the FA SP are gone from the market and Gavin is such an attractive trade prospect, this has been going on for few years and I have a feeling he will be with the Sox come opening day.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
Balta I'm not saying we should have traded for Morales, but it seems like I've been hearing, that all the FA SP are gone from the market and Gavin is such an attractive trade prospect, this has been going on for few years and I have a feeling he will be with the Sox come opening day.

Do you feel like Vargas got a major return?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 07:18 AM)
Buster Olney@Buster_ESPN The Cubs have made strong progress on a four-year, $52 million deal with Edwin Jackson.

That's a shame. I really enjoyed Jackson during his brief time here, will suck having to root against him.

Edited by Chicago White Sox