2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Why would the Royals simultaneously seek RA Dickey and shop Billy Butler?

Because they are the Royals.

They obviously need pitching, and they could probably get some good pieces back for Butler, and they supposedly have the bats in the minors to replace him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 06:20 AM)
Because they are the Royals.

They obviously need pitching, and they could probably get some good pieces back for Butler, and they supposedly have the bats in the minors to replace him.

My ass. He's a premium bat, you never know if a minor leaguer can replicate that production. If they are serious about winning, they need to keep Butler.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 07:14 AM)
My ass. He's a premium bat, you never know if a minor leaguer can replicate that production. If they are serious about winning, they need to keep Butler.

This is the Royals we are talking about, keep that in mind.

They also have the greatest farm system in the history of the modern world.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 07:39 AM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

NYY have been open to talks about Curtis Granderson. If they move his $15m salary, it would provide more flexibility to do other things.

It would be stupid awesome if the Sox picked him up.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
Huh...not used to seeing the Yankees act fiscally responsible

they have a long way to go before fiscally responsible is attained. Boras still plays their checkbook like a fiddle

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
I just have zero faith in Rios being close to an .800 OPS player next season, I think we'll be lucky if he breaks .750.

Yeah, I understand...I have always been in the minority with him...but do you really think Granderson is going to be anywhere near the same player without that short porch to launch to for 81 games?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 10:32 AM)
Yeah, I understand...I have always been in the minority with him...but do you really think Granderson is going to be anywhere near the same player without that short porch to launch to for 81 games?

You know what is odd, last season was really the only season where it was a big difference for him homerun wise. Last season he hit 9 more at home, year before that only 1 more, and in 2010 4 more at home. I thought he was abusing that launching pad too, but only last year i guess

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)

His HR splits from the last 2 years are 46/37 Home/Away, 2011 it was 21/20. The short porch didn't matter that much and the Cell isn't exactly a large ballpark.

EDIT Kyyle already beat me.

I'd swap the 2 in a heartbeat, even if the production is similar you still balance out the lineup by adding a LH bat.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787