2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Dbacks got butt raped in this trade. Worse trade than the Royals, for sure.

They must have been ridiculously high on Gregorius. They could have gotten Asdrubal Cabrera, but wanted Gregorius instead.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
I disliked the Chris Young trade for Cliff Pennington earlier in the offseason too. Kevin Towers is confusing me.

Maybe he can confuse us even more when he trades Justin Upton for Dayan Viciedo and Jose Quintana. :pray

The Brandon McCarthy signing was also confusing. They are stacked in the rotation and ton of young starting pitching talent coming up. I guess you can never have enough pitching. Kennedy, Cahill, Hudson, McCarthy, Skaggs, Corbin, Miley, Collmenter. They have by far the most starting pitching to deal. Just not sure Bauer for shortstop Didi Gregorius was the right move. Towers has always been shaky as a GM.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
The Brandon McCarthy signing was also confusing. They are stacked in the rotation and ton of young starting pitching talent coming up. I guess you can never have enough pitching. Kennedy, Cahill, Hudson, McCarthy, Skaggs, Corbin, Miley, Collmenter. They have by far the most starting pitching to deal. Just not sure Bauer for shortstop Didi Gregorius was the right move. Towers has always been shaky as a GM.

I've always thought Towers to be a good GM.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)
That's shocking!!! How they just gave up on Bauer? I think his stubbornness and not willing to change his pitching approach got him shipped out. Wish the White Sox would of jumped on that.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
I've heard similar things.

Which would make him an automatic no go for Cooper and the White Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
jon greenberg ‏@espnchijon

. @OzzieGuillen tells his website: "I have a feeling you might be seeing me on TV somewhere in the future."

i didnt know that Telemundo was hiring

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)

I'd be interested in Collmenter as a RHP option. He was misused in the bullpen last year and his bb to k ratio is excellent.