2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really interested in seeing what the Angels do now. Wells and his remaining 42mil is not going anywhere so i would think he would act as the 4th OFer and DH. I think they move the following to fill out their rotation: one of Trumbo/Bourjos, Morales and Conger as well as some prospects since they're "all in". I imagine both the mets and sox profile well as partners. We could afford to move Floyd and Thornton and the Mets can move Dickey to get some ml ready talent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 08:23 AM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Wigginton agrees to two-year contract with #STLCards. Total will be in $5M range. Gives team RH bat, versatility.

He's gonna do well in STL. That's the type of cheap veteran signing that seems to always work out for the Cardinals. That's the organization I envy.

Some R.A. Dickey news:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

#mets believed to have trade they like for dickey. @Joelsherman1 speculates may be waiting on RA extension talk w/other team

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm

Bo McKinnis agent for RADickey just told me that he is not working on an extension w BlueJays or anyone else that would be holding up a deal

DKnobler ‏@DKnobler

Here's what we know so far about Dickey, as Mets try to trade him (with Blue Jays the possible destination): http://cbsprt.co/UYgC9B

Andy Martino ‏@MartinoNYDN

Really believe Toronto is strong frontrunner, but can report Texas has indicated will trade Olt and RHP Cody Buckel for Dickey.

Oh my god, what are the Mets waiting for? They should have jumped all over it if it was just Olt, not Olt PLUS Buckel, a 2nd RD pick who dominated High-A at 19 years old, and did really well at AA when he turned 20 over the summer.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
Andy Martino ‏@MartinoNYDN

Really believe Toronto is strong frontrunner, but can report Texas has indicated will trade Olt and RHP Cody Buckel for Dickey.

Oh my god, what are the Mets waiting for? They should have jumped all over it if it was just Olt, not Olt PLUS Buckel, a 2nd RD pick who dominated High-A at 19 years old, and did really well at AA when he turned 20 over the summer.

:unsure:

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal Source: #Rangers no longer involved in Dickey talks. And did not offer Olt and Buckel to #Mets.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Could be that Toronto has an even better offer on the table.

Or Olt could have never been offered.

Rumor is JP Arencibia and Anthony Gose, which I would not consider better than Olt. Also rumored is D'Arnaud may be involved with Gose, in which case I'd probably take that package. But either way, the Olt for Dickey rumor came out about a week ago.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
Rumor is JP Arencibia and Anthony Gose, which I would not consider better than Olt. Also rumored is D'Arnaud may be involved with Gose, in which case I'd probably take that package. But either way, the Olt for Dickey rumor came out about a week ago.

With Wright and Davis (Olt might be an upgrade) on the corners I'd rather have JP and Gose or D'Arnaud and Gose if I was the Mets GM.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
With Wright and Davis (Olt might be an upgrade) on the corners I'd rather have JP and Gose or D'Arnaud and Gose if I was the Mets GM.

I agree, plus I am going to take the prospects at scarce positions over the corner infield positions too.

‏@Joelsherman1

But right now it's Dickey/Thole/prospect (told not elite) for d/Arnaud/Syndegaard/Buck/prospect (told not elite) #Mets #Bluejays

Looks like the Jays are about to add Dickey and the deal should come by Monday, that would make them favorites to win the AL and have one heck of a rotation probably the best in baseball.

Edited by kapzk