2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Rotoworld:

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi report that Justin Upton rejected a trade that would have sent him to the Mariners.

The Arizona Republic's Nick Piecoro has confirmed the report, and although it's not clear who exactly would have gone to Arizona in the deal, Piecoro says the package was "substantial." Upton has a limited no-trade clause, and the Mariners are obviously on it, though the report speculates that a deal between the two sides could possibly be revived. The Rangers and Braves are still pursuing the outfielder. It's looking very likely that Upton will be moved prior to spring training.

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)
Per Rotoworld:

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi report that Justin Upton rejected a trade that would have sent him to the Mariners.

The Arizona Republic's Nick Piecoro has confirmed the report, and although it's not clear who exactly would have gone to Arizona in the deal, Piecoro says the package was "substantial." Upton has a limited no-trade clause, and the Mariners are obviously on it, though the report speculates that a deal between the two sides could possibly be revived. The Rangers and Braves are still pursuing the outfielder. It's looking very likely that Upton will be moved prior to spring training.

The names being speculated by the Seattle Times are Nick Franklin, Stephen Pryor, Charlie Furbush, and one of the M's top pitching prospects. So 2 good young relievers, the #29 overall ranked prospect(Franklin), and probably either the #4(Walker), 8(Hultzen), or 72(Paxton) ranked prospect in the league.

Pipe dream alert....

How bout Franklin, Furbush, and Stefan Romero for Alex Rios...Then flip Franklin, Furbush, Jones, and Q or Santiago for Upton....and keep Romero for our potential 3B of the future. So basically Rios, Jones, and lets say Q for Upton and Romero.

Actually that doesn't sound like much of a pipe dream at all

NOTE-I posted this in pale hose talk so I don't hijack this thread and so my brilliant mind is seen by all of soxtalk.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
670 The Score ‏@670TheScore

Milton Bradley has been charged with domestic abuse. He now faces 13 Years in jail

This guy is such a scum bag

Damn, 13 years?

Maybe now we know why the Rays system is so good?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/content..._medium=twitter

Rays minor league catcher David Wendt has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for Methylhexaneamine, the league announced Monday.

Wendt, who played for Double-A Montgomery last season, is the seventh Rays minor leaguer to be suspended this past year for violating the minor league Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

His suspension will be effective at the beginning of this year.

-- JOE SMITH

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
Well the good thing is that the Tigers won't be signing Soriano, so they are closer-less. But I don't see why the Nats needed him. They have Storen and Clippard.

The worst thing is that there are going to be people who are upset that the Nationals signed Rafael Soriano for $28 mill because the White Sox haven't been making any moves.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 05:06 PM)
Nats want to win the World Series. Cant have enough good pitchers. They paid a steep price not only salary but draft pick and draft slot money. Boras strikes again.

Their pick was the 29th pick, so it's not like they gave up a really high pick for him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)
Maybe now we know why the Rays system is so good?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/content..._medium=twitter

The substance he got burned for is nothing. It is a stimulant that for some users feels stronger than caffeine. It was in every popular pre-workout supplement for about 5 years before the FDA made it illegal for not being from a plant source. A few people with heart problems have reported issues with it, but it isn't really any more dangerous at high doses than caffeine at high doses. The performance advantage would be negligibly different than someone using a couple cups of coffee and could easily become a detriment if he used too much because it causes notable crashing. I have a big bottle of the encapsulated ingredient in my room if somebody wants to try. It is notably the good the first time you try it, then never works as well after that.

Anyone that gets banned for that is careless, but not a cheater.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 07:01 PM)
The substance he got burned for is nothing. It is a stimulant that for some users feels stronger than caffeine. It was in every popular pre-workout supplement for about 5 years before the FDA made it illegal for not being from a plant source. A few people with heart problems have reported issues with it, but it isn't really any more dangerous at high doses than caffeine at high doses. The performance advantage would be negligibly different than someone using a couple cups of coffee and could easily become a detriment if he used too much because it causes notable crashing. I have a big bottle of the encapsulated ingredient in my room if somebody wants to try. It is notably the good the first time you try it, then never works as well after that.

Anyone that gets banned for that is careless, but not a cheater.

This policy is based on the olympics where even certain levels of caffeine are banned as well. For some events the quick burst of a stimulant can be helpful.