2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Hunter to Tigers, 2 years per Rosenthal.

I found this interesting:

Hunter's career slash line: .277/.335/.466

Hunter's career vs. CWS: .267/.318/.476

Because of the Twins ownage of the Sox, he seemed like a major Sox killer. Truth is, he didn't do anything extra vs. the Sox, he was just the same good ballplayer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
That is pretty big dollars. Hopefully it stops them from getting any more pitching

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

Hunter gets 26 million over 2 years from #Tigers

Good for him. Apparently winning is important to him, because I can't imagine any other reason why you'd want to play in Detroit.

I was told you can't get an .800 OPS for less than $15 million a year . Hunter has an .800 OPS. $13 million a year is a steal.

Hunter is 37, so good luck actually getting an .800 OPS out of him over 2 years. Plus, he probably left money on the table to go to a team he thought would win.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
MDRSportsManagement ‏@MDRSportsMgmt

We are pleased to announce today that Dioner Navarro is the newest member of the Chicago Cubs! Congratulations! @Cubs

have they announced a job title yet? Usher? Bleacher bum? Catcher? Consultant?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
Blue Jays "still need and want" another Starting Pitcher. I wish they hadn't traded so many prospects, otherwise they might be more willing to accept a package for Floyd.

They have plenty of other prospects, but I imagine they are looking a little higher than Gavin Floyd for their next starting pitcher.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
He was on pace for an MVP-type season.... at a realtively young age at a premium position. Plus it doesnt hurt that Bowden is a former GM.

I understand that, but he said it so confidently and exact. Not like "He could have gotten a 3-5 year deal for around $15M per year."

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
I understand that, but he said it so confidently and exact. Not like "He could have gotten a 3-5 year deal for around $15M per year."

The only stretch IMO is that it is probably on the low end, considering this FA class flat out sucks.