G&L Give them their props NOW please

greg775

Jon Garland and Carlos Lee have been much maligned by not all, but many.

Both were outstanding again tonight.

Even their harshest critics must admit ...

--There are a lot worst ballplayers than Carlos Lee. The guy again has a s***load of RBIs.

--There are many worse pitchers, prospects than Jon Garland.

The guy was outstanding and ain't half bad half the time.

Jon Garland and Carlos Lee have been much maligned by not all, but many.

Both were outstanding again tonight.

Even their harshest critics must admit ...

--There are a lot worst ballplayers than Carlos Lee. The guy again has a s***load of RBIs.

--There are many worse pitchers, prospects than Jon Garland.

The guy was outstanding and ain't half bad half the time.

I would agree and I thank you for posting that.

CLee and JG have been contributing big time to us

I haven't seen hardly anybody saying anything bad about Lee lately. He's been great for us this year.

Garland on the other hand...let's see him have 6 or 7 straight good starts before we start praising the guy. He's still just a .500 pitcher with a mid-4's ERA. That's not gonna cut it IMO.

I haven't seen hardly anybody saying anything bad about Lee lately.  He's been great for us this year.

Garland on the other hand...let's see him have 6 or 7 straight good starts before we start praising the guy.  He's still just a .500 pitcher with a mid-4's ERA.  That's not gonna cut it IMO.

That's pretty decent for a number 4 starter. Look around baseball and see what other number guys are doing. I'm sure he comes in as "above average".

I would Carlos Lee one of the most underrated players in the league. He plays hard consistently every night and brings his bat as well. I think he deserves way more DUE. He has improved extremely well this season and has probably taken his game to the next level if he can finish off the season well.

:bringit

I haven't seen hardly anybody saying anything bad about Lee lately.  He's been great for us this year.

Garland on the other hand...let's see him have 6 or 7 straight good starts before we start praising the guy.  He's still just a .500 pitcher with a mid-4's ERA.  That's not gonna cut it IMO.

That's pretty decent for a number 4 starter. Look around baseball and see what other number guys are doing. I'm sure he comes in as "above average".

I have to disagree with you here yas. It really doesnt matter if hes a # 2, 3, 4 or 5. What matters is how he pitches. The results, his progress, his getting the most out of his ability. He may only be 23 or whatever, but hes been around for 4 years. Personally, I ecpect tonights performance to be the norm for Jon, not the exception. Yes he is young but its time to stop making excuses and PITCH.

I would Carlos Lee one of the most underrated players in the league. He plays hard consistently every night and brings his bat as well. I think he deserves way more DUE. He has improved extremely well this season and has probably taken his game to the next level if he can finish off the season well.

All last winter and the first two months of this season, I heard nothing but Carlos bashing. Everyone wanted to give him away. Well, excepting Heather, of course. Gradually, those "Dumbass Caballo" and yard-gnome remarks have strangely become very rare. Carlos has proved he is a quality all-around major league ballplayer this year.

All last winter and the first two months of this season, I heard nothing but Carlos bashing. Everyone wanted to give him away. Well, excepting Heather, of course. Gradually, those "Dumbass Caballo" and yard-gnome remarks have strangely become very rare. Carlos has proved he is a quality all-around major league ballplayer this year.

I think carlos has great talent and not much upstairs. I certainly dont want to get rid of him. If someone can teach him the game of baseball, the sky is the limit.

Ive always liked Caballo. Him and Marte are my second favorite players, second only to Frank. I have bashed him at times in the heat of the moment for poor defense but I do support him in the long run.

As for Garland, hes been given enough chances. Hes a decent pitcher (much too inconsistent tho) but hes never gonna be the ace we once thought hed be...

I've bashed Garland a few times, and I think he deserved it. But he was great last night, no 2 ways about it.

We have a few off days, but if we go with a strict 5 man rotation, he figures to get 7 more starts. He needs to be good 5 of those starts. Four won't cut it.

Oh, by the way, with 35 games left, the 5 man rotation would leave Garland making his last start against KANSAS CITY ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON! That would be a relaxing game to watch (but we'll have it wrapped up long before then.)

IMO Carlos is the offensive MVP of this team in 2003. He has gone from the Sosa like habit of hitting meaningless homers, to getting key RBI's in clutch situations. Last nights hit the other way was the perfect example of how he has matured as a hitter. How many of our other hitters would have worked that hard to hit the ball the other way through that hole?

I have to disagree with you here yas. It really doesnt matter if hes a # 2, 3, 4 or 5. What matters is how he pitches. The results, his progress, his getting the most out of his ability. He may only be 23 or whatever, but hes been around for 4 years. Personally, I ecpect tonights performance to be the norm for Jon, not the exception. Yes he is young but its time to stop making excuses and PITCH.

I have to say, I agree with Bmr here. Garland is just too damn inconsistent to offer "props" and he still usually gets unhinged at bad defense and walks. Last night was the exception for JG..... not the rule..... although we have seen that JG before.

Thanks guys for the props for Carlos Lee! I told you before the season that Carlos had worked hard during the offseason and was gonna bring it all on the field this year. Not only is he hitting consistently (meaningful hits), but he's contributing defensively too. He's been able to make catches he ultimately would never have done in previous seasons. Without Carlos, we could possibly be talking about a fourth-place team here. He has become that type of player of whom can be counted on at any time.

Plus he can go out and completely baffle a team when needed. Garland has been pretty good in big games thus far and I'm really liking him more and more.

He was awesome last night. IT really shows what he can do when he has good command.

I honestly believe that 90% of the major league teams would love to have Jon Garland as their number 4 starter. He's only going to get better as he gets older. I agree that he needs to shut up and pitch, but that will come with maturity.

I honestly believe that 90% of the major league teams would love to have Jon Garland as their number 4 starter. He's only going to get better as he gets older. I agree that he needs to shut up and pitch, but that will come with maturity.

Oh i love having him as a #4 too. My point is, I honestly believe hes a #2 type guy and im more than ready for him to start pitching like one.