ALL CELEBRATEEEEEEEE

Noonskadoodle

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way I'll celebrate this.

Now Detroit will be hungry again next year to get back to the playoffs and Series to complete the deal.

Now Leyland will stay to try to complete the deal.

This sucks. Detroit got embarrassed totally. Fielder will want revenge next year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
Not that it would have made a difference this year, but home-field advantage is a really valuable thing, and to have an exhibition game decide who gets it is still very, very dumb. I hope that rule is changed soon.

If it was by record then San francisco still would have had home field advantage. They were the better team

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 08:35 AM)
The Tigers season was a month longer than the Sox season. That should temper any celebration or festive mindsets.

The Tigers losing doesn't make me feel any better about the White Sox season, but I am glad that their buying that fat f*** from Milwaukee didn't pay off immediately.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 07:37 AM)
The Tigers losing doesn't make me feel any better about the White Sox season, but I am glad that their buying that fat f*** from Milwaukee didn't pay off immediately.

They won a pennant. Last year they didn't.

You could argue that its not due to a Prince signing but they had a better season this year. They fell just short, is all.

You could also compare them to the 2010-2011 Miami Heat, who fell just short because they lacked depth and got cold at the wrong time.

Next year should be interesting.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
My team didn't win the World Series, so any joy taken anywhere else is pretty pathetic. Are we really going to lower ourselves to a performance like last Tuesday, where Cubs fans rejoiced all day like it was their super bowl?

No one wants to see a disliked rival win a championship.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
My team didn't win the World Series, so any joy taken anywhere else is pretty pathetic. Are we really going to lower ourselves to a performance like last Tuesday, where Cubs fans rejoiced all day like it was their super bowl?

Half the fun of watching sports is rooting against your rivals. f*** yeah I'll enjoy Detroit falling on their faces.