ALL CELEBRATEEEEEEEE

Noonskadoodle

We owned the Tigers for a long time before they owned us.

If you play in the same division as the White Sox, I consider you the first obstacles in the way to the postseason, and therefore the greatest rivals.

SMH @ people saying they are not our rivals. Tiggies, Twinkies, Indians and Royals are all our rivals. I will root for teams from the AL East and West always before I'd root for other Central teams.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 01:21 AM)
No way I'll celebrate this.

Now Detroit will be hungry again next year to get back to the playoffs and Series to complete the deal.

Now Leyland will stay to try to complete the deal.

This sucks. Detroit got embarrassed totally. Fielder will want revenge next year.

Hopefully you realize this is only bulls*** the fans believe brought on by no talent idiot announcers working for major networks.

Also, Tiger fans aren't the biggest Leyland supporters.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 03:00 AM)
Hopefully you realize this is only bulls*** the fans believe brought on by no talent idiot announcers working for major networks.

Also, Tiger fans aren't the biggest Leyland supporters.

Let's face it the only way we can beat out Detroit is if Detroit sucks whether thru complacency or laziness. They are smart enough to realize all they have to do is win this s***ty division to position themselves for a nice run to the WS. On paper they are so much better than anybody else in our division because of $$. My hope would be they won it all to get it out of their system. Now they can sleepwalk all year again if they wish, let their talent take over the final two weeks and in head to head meetings vs. the Sox when they get up for the games, and the rest is history.

Does anybody think there's any way in hell we beat them out next year? It'd be a massive upset to win the division and we know we're not gonna win the wild cards.

I simply despise having to play our divisional teams 19 times. That is yet another of the things very very wrong with baseball. And it was all so the Yankees and Red Sox could play 19 times. Horrible and it is killing the White Sox. We far way better against teams outside the Central. The Sox just can't get up for these lousy Central Division teams. And with Buehrle maybe heading to Minnie, damn, we are doomed IMO

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
Let's face it the only way we can beat out Detroit is if Detroit sucks whether thru complacency or laziness. They are smart enough to realize all they have to do is win this s***ty division to position themselves for a nice run to the WS. On paper they are so much better than anybody else in our division because of $$. My hope would be they won it all to get it out of their system. Now they can sleepwalk all year again if they wish, let their talent take over the final two weeks and in head to head meetings vs. the Sox when they get up for the games, and the rest is history.

Does anybody think there's any way in hell we beat them out next year? It'd be a massive upset to win the division and we know we're not gonna win the wild cards.

I simply despise having to play our divisional teams 19 times. That is yet another of the things very very wrong with baseball. And it was all so the Yankees and Red Sox could play 19 times. Horrible and it is killing the White Sox. We far way better against teams outside the Central. The Sox just can't get up for these lousy Central Division teams. And with Buehrle maybe heading to Minnie, damn, we are doomed IMO

/world

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)

The calendar has yet to turn to November, free agency has not begun, and we already have our first post declaring the 2013 White Sox dead in the water. You da man greg.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 09:25 AM)
That 2013 White Sox team was such a disappointment. Glad that's over.

I wish the 2013 tigers were complacent and lazy. Sadly, this is not so, therefore they are unbeatable. They should be favored to win the WS now after they have embarrassed all the the AL

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
I wish the 2013 tigers were complacent and lazy. Sadly, this is not so, therefore they are unbeatable. They should be favored to win the WS now after they have embarrassed all the the AL

They better watch out for the Padres and Dodgers who should have an easy path to the playoffs over the now complacent and lazy Giants.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
They better watch out for the Padres and Dodgers who should have an easy path to the playoffs over the now complacent and lazy Giants.

You guys mock my declarations a lot, but I challenge you to go back and read some of my predictions in the past. I was taught to never toot your own horn so I don't brag when my predictions are correct which they were A LOT this past season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
You guys mock my declarations a lot, but I challenge you to go back and read some of my predictions in the past. I was taught to never toot your own horn so I don't brag when my predictions are correct which they were A LOT this past season.

Yea, that declaration about the number of championships running through Miami was spot on. Didn't you say the Sox had no shot at competing as well? Maybe you should dig up some of those correct declarations and show me.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
Yea, that declaration about the number of championships running through Miami was spot on. Didn't you say the Sox had no shot at competing as well? Maybe you should dig up some of those correct declarations and show me.

Don't forget that the Royals were gonna finish ahead of the Sox this season

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)

Make predictions all you want. But your complacent/not complacent reasoning was beyond stupid.

Giants obviously didn't win last year because they were complacent from 2010. But after disappointment in 2011, they decided you know what, let's win it again, so they did. But next year, they'll be complacent, that will be THE reason they won't win the world series. Most players in post-game interviews already said "I don't give two s***s what happens next year, I'm on cruise control."

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
Make predictions all you want. But your complacent/not complacent reasoning was beyond stupid.

Giants obviously didn't win last year because they were complacent from 2010. But after disappointment in 2011, they decided you know what, let's win it again, so they did. But next year, they'll be complacent, that will be THE reason they won't win the world series. Most players in post-game interviews already said "I don't give two s***s what happens next year, I'm on cruise control."

The Giants support my theory. Thank you. Detroit hasn't completed the deal. They have all these high priced players who are going to want to win the WS. Had they won it all, maybe they'd have lost that edge, yes, been complacent and/or lazy.

You guys deny the mental edge of baseball? You think it's not possible Rios gets complacent and lazy after last season?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
The Giants support my theory. Thank you. Detroit hasn't completed the deal. They have all these high priced players who are going to want to win the WS. Had they won it all, maybe they'd have lost that edge, yes, been complacent and/or lazy.

You guys deny the mental edge of baseball? You think it's not possible Rios gets complacent and lazy after last season?

How does that Tigers team get any more lazy?

Did the Bulls of the 90's get complacent after they won a title? Have the Yankees ever got complacent after winning a title?

"You play to win the game"

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)

What's your opinion on the 2006 White Sox 2nd half collpase? Were they so complacent with their WS title, that they stopped caring in the 2nd half? (while they played .650 baseball in the 1st half). Did Mark Buerhle get lazy in the 2nd half and have the worst half of his career (6.44 ERA) simply because he lost his mental edge? Shouldn't the manager have done something about that?

I was at game 4. My uncle lives in Detroit and bribed me to drive out to Detroit for a free ticket under the stipulation I would root for the Tigers. Ok fine.

I didn't wear any Sox gear. But on the drunk bus back to Nemos after the game this guy behind me says to his friend "You know what, at least we made the World Series at that a****** AJ Pierynksi didn't." I really enjoyed that for some reason.