2012-2013 Sox off season Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanna put my Justin Upton idea here in Pale Hose Talk for those who dont wander in to the Diamond Club...I think its pretty genius and I want it to be seen by the masses =p

In reference to Upton using his NTC for a deal with the M's...

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 02:45 AM)
The names being speculated by the Seattle Times are Nick Franklin, Stephen Pryor, Charlie Furbush, and one of the M's top pitching prospects. So 2 good young relievers, the #29 overall ranked prospect(Franklin), and probably either the #4(Walker), 8(Hultzen), or 72(Paxton) ranked prospect in the league.

Pipe dream alert....

How bout Franklin, Furbush, and Stefan Romero for Alex Rios...Then flip Franklin, Furbush, Jones, and Q or Santiago for Upton....and keep Romero for our potential 3B of the future. So basically Rios, Jones, and lets say Q for Upton and Romero.

Actually that doesn't sound like much of a pipe dream at all.

Discuss here.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 01:18 AM)
Just wanna put my Justin Upton idea here in Pale Hose Talk for those who dont wander in to the Diamond Club...I think its pretty genius and I want it to be seen by the masses =p

Discuss here.

You think we're getting the 29th ranked propsect in baseball plus more for Rios?

I think Rios has value and could probably get you one good prospect (low top 100 maybe) right now, but there are still red flags with him and teams won't give up a ton until he proves 2012 wasn't a fluke. If he does that, then we should be able to get more for him, but a top 30 prospect still seems extremely unlikely IMO.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 06:56 AM)
You think we're getting the 29th ranked propsect in baseball plus more for Rios?

I think Rios has value and could probably get you one good prospect (low top 100 maybe) right now, but there are still red flags with him and teams won't give up a ton until he proves 2012 wasn't a fluke. If he does that, then we should be able to get more for him, but a top 30 prospect still seems extremely unlikely IMO.

It depends on how desperate the M's get and if they think Rios can buck his odd of and on trend. If they believe that I don't see why not, I took out Stephen Pryor who looks like a future closer and another top 100 SP from the deal to make up for any kind of talent discrepancy between Rios and Upton...I don't think it's to ridiculous.

If the Sox have to add to it then so be it.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 01:18 AM)

Discuss here.

The problem with that is that Taijuan Walker is SO SO much more valuable than Quintana/Santiago. It's not even close because of that.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 11:56 AM)

Why are we so quick to engage in this type of talk and trade suggestion? Rios is talented player and we want him traded for a low 100 prospect. Red flags?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 06:09 PM)
Why are we so quick to engage in this type of talk and trade suggestion? Rios is talented player and we want him traded for a low 100 prospect. Red flags?

Those suggestions involved flipping said prospects for a more talented player. And the red flag with Alex is you have no idea what the hell you're going to get out of him, his recent trend leads one to believe that he might have some serious issues this year.