2012-2013 Sox off season Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
OK, wasn't it just a few years ago, when we acquired Flowers, that everyone was down on his defense? He was a potential 1B/DH candidate? Now he could be a top 10 defensive catcher? Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for the kid, and I hope it's true, but where did the terrible defense stuff come from then? Or has he just worked that hard to improve?

He was considered a hitter when we brought him in for sure.

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 01:16 PM)
OK, wasn't it just a few years ago, when we acquired Flowers, that everyone was down on his defense? He was a potential 1B/DH candidate? Now he could be a top 10 defensive catcher? Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for the kid, and I hope it's true, but where did the terrible defense stuff come from then? Or has he just worked that hard to improve?

I remember hearing several reports (on this site) about Flowers working extremely hard on his defense in AAA. The year before he came up, there were some people who were pretty optimistic about his defensive capabilities.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)
Ventura thinking about moving Rios to the 3 hole and moving Dunn down a bit.

He had to. Will have a significant effect on how many lefties ADA sees in late innings.

What exactly would a 1993 throwback entail? A Comiskey patch and no names on the back of the jerseys? I think that's all...

Side note/Bitter argument: I would be totally in favor of some new uniforms soon. Nothing "new" really, my idea would just be a variation on the 1917 uniform and logo. With a navy blue hat with white S-O-X instead of that pinstripe hat.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 01:48 AM)
Side note/Bitter argument: I would be totally in favor of some new uniforms soon. Nothing "new" really, my idea would just be a variation on the 1917 uniform and logo. With a navy blue hat with white S-O-X instead of that pinstripe hat.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the the 1917 colors as the home Sundays next year.

As someone who wasn't a big fan of the sleeveless shirts that have been discontinued while they were in use, I think I'd actually like to see those again in limited use.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 01:48 AM)
What exactly would a 1993 throwback entail? A Comiskey patch and no names on the back of the jerseys? I think that's all...

The day the Sox stop wearing black and silver is the day I stop being a white sox fan.

Seriously, why are a lot of people unappreciative of the iconic uniforms the sox wear right now?

Why do people want the white sox to wear blue???

Hell, it was nauseating last season when I had to put up with the sox wearing those stupid red uniforms on Sunday home games. It really did piss me off, because Sunday games were games I was able to watch on tv during my hectic schedule, and I get confronted with them wearing stupid red uniforms that the Red Sox should be wearing.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
The day the Sox stop wearing black and silver is the day I stop being a white sox fan.

Seriously, why are a lot of people unappreciative of the iconic uniforms the sox wear right now?

Hell, it was nauseating last season when I had to put up with the sox wearing those stupid red uniforms on Sunday home games. It really did piss me off, because Sunday games were games I was able to watch on tv during my hectic schedule, and I get confronted with them wearing stupid red uniforms that the Red Sox should be wearing.

You'd stop being a Sox fan because of their uniforms? That's...interesting.

My boredom with the current uniforms started a few years back when they would seemingly wear the black alternate jersey every other day. In the last few seasons its dropped down a lot but, I'd still be in favor of a change. It's not like they're the Yankees or something where it's been the same jersey forever.

It's been 20+ years for these ones but its not like they didn't change uniforms 7000 times before they landed on the current ones. Changing uniforms is part of the history of the franchise.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
My boredom with the current uniforms started a few years back when they would seemingly wear the black alternate jersey every other day. In the last few seasons its dropped down a lot but, I'd still be in favor of a change. It's not like they're the Yankees or something where it's been the same jersey forever.

It's been 20+ years for these ones but its not like they didn't change uniforms 7000 times before they landed on the current ones. Changing uniforms is part of the history of the franchise.

I hope the Sox logo stays, but if they went to the 50's style with the red trim instead of the silver trim, that would look sharp. Just without the giant numbers on the back.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)

Chicago%20White%20Sox%201200.jpg

Looking at this.... They've worn a shade of blue in almost every uniform iteration except this one. So it's not an odd request....