2012-2013 Sox off season Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
Sure, go for it. And you won't see me crying like a baby about it either.

Is my word gospel or something? Did I just print this in a book you just purchased? I don't know why some list I made up is such a big deal to you and others. Maybe just ignore it instead of starting some petty argument? It's a novel idea, I know.

weird. i saw you crying like a baby about it in the same post.

And no, your word isnt gospel. but you love to, as Carl just showed us, tell everyone else they are wrong and to stop sabotaging threads. But when you come up with your own list and are called out about it, you want to tell everyone to stop crying and calm down. Funny how that works.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)
LOL, Carl with the ownage.

Not really, considering I made that second post on purpose to mock the other conversation, hence why I said people were "intentionally sabotaging" the conversation, which was a reference to Kylie or someone else saying I was "intentionally wasting everyone's time" by making the list of 3B.

EDIT: Here it is. It was southsider2k5 and Eminor3rd's comments that I was referencing in my joke comment. Southsider claiming I was somehow posting that list just to waste everyone's time, and Emior3rd claiming 12 or MAYBE all 13 of the players I listed were all "untouchable". Hence why I joked that Headley was untouchable and mentioning his would be "sabotaging the thread".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)
If it isn't realistic, and you know that, then it is an intentional waste of everyone else's time. Classy.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
Lol, everyone on that list is untouchable except MAYBE Gyorko.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
but you love to, as Carl just showed us, tell everyone else they are wrong and to stop sabotaging threads. But when you come up with your own list and are called out about it, you want to tell everyone to stop crying and calm down. Funny how that works.

What a facepalm. Can't believe you people could all possibly miss my obvious mocking comment about Headley being untouchable and "sabotaging the thread" y even mentioning it. Really disappointed it went over your guys' heads so easily.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 05:17 PM)
Somebody on twitter is trying hard to spread the word that catcher Bryan Anderson is coming to the Sox from St. Louis.

He was outrighted to AAA Memphis last week. Possible, I guess.

Ha. I wonder what percentage of our fan base would be completely confused and upset if this were to occur

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Hunter prefers to play every day. Ten teams have contacted him, including #Dodgers, #Tigers, #WhiteSox, #Rangers, #Mariners.

Anyone still interested in Torii Hunter in a Sox uni?

Kenny always gets his guy. Rick Hahn always gets Kenny's guy.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 10:56 AM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

#tigers, #rangers among teams eying @toriihunter, who said he'll sign quick

I have a feeling he's going to be a Tiger. Good team and fairly close to South Bend when his son will be there next year.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
sounds like he'll play cheap so that he can "win".

this is one guy i hope never makes the WS, let alone wins one.

I happen to think Torii Hunter is one of the good guys in the game and I do hope he wins one. I'd prefer it not be with the Tigers, but he's a good, hard working player who does what he can to help his team win ball games. And, all of that aside, it sounds like he's going to get 10+ mill a year just by the sheer number of teams who've shown interest, so he's not going to be playing for cheap.

Sure, go for it. And you won't see me crying like a baby about it either. Is my word gospel or something? Did I just print this in a book you just purchased? I don't know why some list I made up is such a big deal to you and others. Maybe just ignore it instead of starting some petty argument? It's a novel idea, I know.

This is funny coming from the guy who cries like a baby about everything and is generally disdained by everyone on Soxtalk.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 07:17 PM)
Good job ignoring everything said above your post. I can't tell if you being that dumb, or if you are doing it on purpose to be a troll.

Captain Backtrack

Honestly, JCM24 posts are worse than death.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)
I happen to think Torii Hunter is one of the good guys in the game and I do hope he wins one. I'd prefer it not be with the Tigers, but he's a good, hard working player who does what he can to help his team win ball games. And, all of that aside, it sounds like he's going to get 10+ mill a year just by the sheer number of teams who've shown interest, so he's not going to be playing for cheap.

I mean, outside of being racist, sure.

Couple that with being terribly overrated defensively over the last 9 years, and I've never liked the dude one bit. I hope he never finds success in the postseason.