White Sox Re-Sign Jake Peavy

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news. But I'd assume this means it is likely that AJ is NOT coming back, for monetary and other reasons.

Glad to see their next plan is 3B. I don't care as much about the bullpen needs right now.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 05:34 PM)
Peavy still gets his $4M buyout but it is deferred until after the end of the contract.

Source? That is good news too, making it basically 2/25 with a buyout in 2015 of 4M.

Excellent news. But I'd assume this means it is likely that AJ is NOT coming back, for monetary and other reasons.

Glad to see their next plan is 3B. I don't care as much about the bullpen needs right now.

Source? That is good news too, making it basically 2/25 with a buyout in 2015 of 4M.

Source was the Press Release issued by the Sox. I'm guessing it's true.

Surprising news on Peavy. For only two guaranteed years, I like it even if the yearly amount is high.

The thought of a rotation of a healthy Sale, Peavy, Danks, Floyd, and Quintana sounds great, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Floyd and/or Quintana got traded in the offseason. The Sox have other needs--catcher, 3B. We'll see.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 05:47 PM)
This is why Sox attendance sucks--their fans expect to be able to sign elite pitchers for middle reliver salaries.

This is just a bit of a generalization...

And you're talking to a guy that lives in Vegas but buys the Extra Innings package so I can watch almost every game...I'm not an unsophisticated fan. Considering where the Organization is, and where Peavy is, and what he just gave us last year, I just wouldn't have spent this kind of money on him. I'm not saying he doesn't have a lot of value; just that when you consider the entire big picture, I would have spent the money elsewhere.

This is a solid deal. They are not breaking the bank on a guy like Greinke and Peavy can have similar results. I really hope the dude can stay healthy like he did in 2012. And call me crazy (not call me maybe), but I also like the Floyd deal. There is a premium on starting pitching these days and Gavin finished the season strong. As a 4th starter in this rotation, he can do very good things.

Next on the list:

1) Address the catcher spot. Do they re-sign AJ?

2) Whats going on with 3b? (re-sign Youk, sign a veteran like Chavez or even go after ARod?)

3) Sell high on Rios or Dunn?

4) Bullpen help? Do we stick with Reed or do we go after a guy like Soria who is coming off major surgery?

I LOVE HOTSTOVE season!

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

Hell yes. RT @bill_virgl: @keithlaw 29 x 2 for Peavy.. Would you have done that? Seems like a lot given his age and injury history

There is something you dont see everyday