KW Jr. Traded

flavum

QUOTE (oldsox @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
Not a joke, just a simple statement. Actually he is 27, but his last three years were at AAA level where he hit in the .260 range with power and defense. That makes him a legitimate albeit journeyman minor league player. KW, Jr has never got out of the .250's at any level, has little power, never played above AA (for good reason), and is a year younger than Tracy. Sorry if I struck a nerve.

You got the wrong guy...He's 24 and has played 3 years in A ball.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
KW Jr. has about a 10% of spending time as an MLB 5th OF. Book it. /Nate Silver

but really, he's athletic and though he is very old for the level he held is own in AA last year

Dude doesn't dive and he didn't hold s*** at AA.

I suck. I just realized the first FS thread I clicked on in months and months involves a non prospect for a non prospect trade. Why? Because of the potential personal stuff.

While it removes a distraction, it also makes it easier for someone to end that boy's MLB dream and get him on a path to a real job.

• 1 month later...

The Royals signed Chad Tracy, Mark's older brother, and not the one who played for the Nationals. Mark will still be a stiff in the White Sox organization for a little while.

KW Jr. got over a half a million in signing bonus. Nepotism is a beautiful thing if you are the one getting taken care of.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 08:07 AM)
The Royals signed Chad Tracy, Mark's older brother, and not the one who played for the Nationals. Mark will still be a stiff in the White Sox organization for a little while.

KW Jr. got over a half a million in signing bonus. Nepotism is a beautiful thing if you are the one getting taken care of.

Welcome to Chicago.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 4, 2013 -> 08:07 AM)

That just p****s me off when I think of all of the better prospects that they passed over because of money.