**2012 Election Day thread**

Brian

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note my signature below. I will have a Google Spreadsheet of all the Presidential Exit Poll data as it comes out. In my experience, exit polls rarely differ from more than 1-2 points off the final results. So, if an exit poll shows one candidate by more than 2.5 points, it's a very good indication that candidate will carry the state.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
Note my signature below. I will have a Google Spreadsheet of all the Presidential Exit Poll data as it comes out. In my experience, exit polls rarely differ from more than 1-2 points off the final results. So, if an exit poll shows one candidate by more than 2.5 points, it's a very good indication that candidate will carry the state.

With the exception being 2004, right? I think the exit polling that year was horrible.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
With the exception being 2004, right? I think the exit polling that year was horrible.

I don't remember if the exit polls themselves were terrible or if it was just a weird demographic thing with more Dems voting earlier in the day, but they were definitely off.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
By "Right On" you are of course talking about the hologram Will. I. Am. correct?

Yes.

Also, I think I'm going to start my drinking right now so maybe by tomorrow I can relax

Does anyone have insight to how this actually works? I couldn't find the tribs run down:

ReferendumSHOULD THE STATE OF ILLINOIS PROVIDE FUNDING FOR THE NORMAL COST OF PENSIONS FOR CHICAGO TEACHERS IN THE SAME MANNER AS THE STATE PAYS FOR THE NORMAL COST OF TEACHER PENSIONS IN EVERY OTHER SCHOOL DISTRICT IN THE STATE WHICH WILL FREE UP LOCAL FUNDING THAT CAN BE INVESTED IN THE CLASSROOM?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
Is that an actual ballot measure? That's a pretty loaded phrasing.

lol I can't believe that phrasing made it to the ballot, even if I am somewhat ambivalent

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
SHOULD THE STATE OF ILLINOIS PROVIDE FUNDING FOR THE NORMAL COST OF PENSIONS FOR CHICAGO TEACHERS IN THE SAME MANNER AS THE STATE PAYS FOR THE NORMAL COST OF TEACHER PENSIONS IN EVERY OTHER SCHOOL DISTRICT IN THE STATE WHICH WILL FREE UP LOCAL FUNDING THAT CAN BE INVESTED IN THE CLASSROOM?

the question doesn't make much sense, or really give the voter an idea of what they are voting for. But the CTU was against it, so voted for it.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 01:18 AM)
the question doesn't make much sense, or really give the voter an idea of what they are voting for. But the CTU was against it, so voted for it.

I ended up voting for it. They made it seem like free cake, so free cake it is!

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 07:43 AM)
If there was ever a profession I don't mind saying they pay too much taxes, it's professional athletes. They're gonna be broke as hell in 10 years!

...because of their own stupidity...

that shouldn't be rewarded.