**2012 Election Day thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)
its the same with saying its a landslide, it could drive the other sides people to go out and vote as a hail mary.

Regardless, I dont think people are stupid enough to just blindly believe what people are saying on tv. Which is why it reminds me of Baghdad Bob, and why I think its a terrible strategy.

There are a lot of sheep out there. I think it was Karl Rove who came up with this strategy. I think most of Romney's family doesn't really believe it is a blow out in his favor, but if it can attract some to hop on the bandwagon, it is worth a shot.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
If by "pandering" you mean "not demonizing immigrants" then...

But the Republicans really do have a demographic problem. For Mitt to win, he has to have huge margins with white males. Republican policies, rightly or wrongly, have alienated most others from the party.

he pandered big time. If Romney loses, it's because of his neo-con ideals for a US world cop, big government spending, higher taxes, unlimited immigration / lawlessness, and constant pandering to people that won't vote for you no matter what. he was also the anti-american pro-outsourcing candidate.

if Romney loses, it's the end of the neo-con liberal GOP. a true conservative will win the next election. don't worry about demographics, i have the perfect plan for a landslide win in 2016

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
No, it's absolutely pandering. Romney's immigration plan isn't to kick every illegal out as soon as we find them. It's a pretty moderate position. But anything less than full amnesty is "demonizing" them apparently, because democrats have been great at making people associate any conservative with Sheriff Joe.

This is why the GOP sucks. They don't combat this crap from liberals because of a fear of looking like mean oppressors. There's a tactful way of responding to "we don't want full amnesty and it's not because we want children who are victims of their parents crimes to die on the streets." But, they don't, because they think its' easier to pander to more white people about how the gays and fetus killing mobs are going to ruin the world. Again, lose those battles and think of the long-term war.

"self-deportation"

Arizona id laws

Georgia's harsh laws

Opposition to the dream act

"language of the ghetto"

"English-only"/official national language

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 06:48 PM)
I've got only 3 in me. This whole 12 pack will probably be gone by the end of this. Nervous drinking.

I picked up another Samuel Adams Winter Classics 12pk. Good stuff and I won't get bored as I drink my sorrows/happiness away