**2012 Election Day thread**

Brian

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
Lol, that's great.

(you know that's fake right?)

I didn't until just a second ago! But that post was 100% non-serious. edit: except for making fun of Tebow, that's always serious.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)

A Penn. judge has issued an order to allow the monitors in:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/06...tion-officials/

Elsewhere in the city, a representative from the New Black Panther Party was also spotted outside a polling site. The New Black Panthers stirred controversy in 2008 when members appeared outside a polling site, one of them holding a billy club. The representative seen Tuesday morning was not armed.

lol, still drumming up the New Black Panthers stuff.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
Vice President Joe Biden makes unannounced stop in Cleveland en route to Chicago.

Obama needs to lock him up in a windowless room until midnight tonight.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
I voted early, during work and got paid to do it.

So today I can screw around because no one is working as there is an election and everyone is freaking out.

Yeah, the only work I'll do today is get some article posted on Flapship. :o

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)
I actually like the message a lot. Your civic duty is way bigger than just showing up at the polls every four years, though we can't even seem to handle that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
I agree with what you say in this post, but that's not the message I got from the fb quote. That seemed like a boiler-plate "don't vote" message designed to discourage people from voting because the system is 'corrupt.'

The idea that not-voting will actually somehow make the system less corrupt/dumb/whatever is pretty silly, unless you're actually advocating for revolution.

Pretty much my take. That post you added was awful and ignorant. Saying people should take it seriously makes sense of course, and I totally agree. Saying if you vote you don't get to talk about changing the system is laughably stupid.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Pretty much my take. That post you added was awful and ignorant. Saying people should take it seriously makes sense of course, and I totally agree. Saying if you vote you don't get to talk about changing the system is laughably stupid.

Yea, pretty much. Then again, I also dislike it when people tell people who don't vote they can't have an opinion, too.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
Lots of funny business going out there with the polls

Sometimes it is hard to tell which things are user error and which are legitimately troubling

In the modern era of immediate "news", I think part of what you are seeing is just the small % noise that was ALWAYS there, probably even worse before. While the Twitterverse and its cohorts can be incredibly annoying, one pleasant side effect is that it keeps some of the B.S. from happening, for fear of exposure.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
Lots of funny business going out there with the polls

Sometimes it is hard to tell which things are user error and which are legitimately troubling

It's troubling that we trust Floridians with the future of this country. That's where most the poll issues seem to occur.