David Petraeus resigns after banging non-wife

Steve9347

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/cia-chi...--politics.html

CIA Director David Petraeus has resigned, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said in a written statement Friday. The former Army general, who rocketed to global prominence as the man in charge of the "surge" in Iraq, quit over an extramarital affair, MSNBC reported.

"Today, CIA Director David Petraeus submitted his letter of resignation to the President," Clapper said. "Dave's decision to step down represents the loss of one of our nation's most respected public servants."

"From his long, illustrious Army career to his leadership at the helm of CIA, Dave has redefined what it means to serve and sacrifice for one's country," said Clapper, whose statement did not specify a reason for the decision.

Petraeus went to work as CIA chief in September 2011 after heading up the war in Afghanistan. He had drawn fire in the aftermath of the September 11th attack on the American compound in Benghazi, Libya.

White House press secretary Jay Carney said President Barack Obama "will address this with a statement later." But he declined to confirm the circumstances of the retired general's departure. "I don't have any details to give to you."

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
Hmmm, so i wonder who didnt like him and wanted him out

Whoever found out that this woman might have access to his email.

Apparently affairs for the CIA is serious s***.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
For so many reasons.

I feel if you're in the type of position where you know a fair amount of classified information, and you're f***ing someone you maybe shouldn't be, there's just a recipe for disaster. Maybe not as much as spy movies make out, but it's there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)
Apparently the original working title for that book was, "Just the Tip".

/SNL

:lolhitting

man what a bummer for him, i met him in Iraq, nice guy, he rode in our truck as we gave him a tour of Hawidja, Iraq. i heard that his affairs go back to his time in military service which is a big no-no. If you get caught cheating on your wife as a member of Active Duty military you can and will get your rank taken away along with other punishments if your wife really decides to push it.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)
:lolhitting

man what a bummer for him, i met him in Iraq, nice guy, he rode in our truck as we gave him a tour of Hawidja, Iraq. i heard that his affairs go back to his time in military service which is a big no-no. If you get caught cheating on your wife as a member of Active Duty military you can and will get your rank taken away along with other punishments if your wife really decides to push it.

Did you get any pointers from him on how to pick up chicks?