David Petraeus resigns after banging non-wife

Steve9347

The whole time I've been thinking how the hell can the HEAD OF THE CIA not know how to get away with it? If there is one guy in America who should be able to do this and not get caught isn't the head of the CIA? A couple of nice tips for anyone looking to keep a relationship secret that I learned from the good General

Create a gmail account, and you both use the same one. Compose messages but do not send. Then the other person comes along, reads it, and deletes and creates a new draft. No emails are even sent.

Open a dropbox or similar and just leave documents there. Nothing stored on your hard drive.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
The whole time I've been thinking how the hell can the HEAD OF THE CIA not know how to get away with it? If there is one guy in America who should be able to do this and not get caught isn't the head of the CIA? A couple of nice tips for anyone looking to keep a relationship secret that I learned from the good General

Create a gmail account, and you both use the same one. Compose messages but do not send. Then the other person comes along, reads it, and deletes and creates a new draft. No emails are even sent.

Open a dropbox or similar and just leave documents there. Nothing stored on your hard drive.

Should Mrs. tex be concerned?

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)

The fact that people still believe that they have any level of anonymity with any of the these tactics are humorous. The only person you may fool is your non-technical spouse. The amount of evidence that is left behind in its digital format would alarm you. Heck I wonder how many of you have bothered to check to see if those certificates from ssl encrypted sessions are the actual certificate from the server and not the certificate your company has issued who is acting as the man in the middle.

In the end the professionals can get this info, no matter the cute tricks that you employ to get around it. And of all people on the planet, the head of the CIA should know this.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)
The fact that people still believe that they have any level of anonymity with any of the these tactics are humorous. The only person you may fool is your non-technical spouse. The amount of evidence that is left behind in its digital format would alarm you. Heck I wonder how many of you have bothered to check to see if those certificates from ssl encrypted sessions are the actual certificate from the server and not the certificate your company has issued who is acting as the man in the middle.

In the end the professionals can get this info, no matter the cute tricks that you employ to get around it. And of all people on the planet, the head of the CIA should know this.

95% or more of the spouses would have a hard time catching those tricks and that is IMHO the only person he should have feared.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)

Almost every company I know has the ability to track every single keystroke if they want to.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)
Almost every company I know has the ability to track every single keystroke if they want to.

But most don't do much of that at all, because it is impractical.

You guys seem to be thinking of this Patraeus scandal in terms of him not understanding technology. Do any of you really think that he was thinking about technology? At all? This is a guy with immense power, a guy in a position where he is constantly tempted by people at his feet. He was tempted, and he did it. This was not something he thought out. Lizard brain won. That's all this is. And Lizard brain doesn't have time to think through all the consequences.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 08:00 AM)
But most don't do much of that at all, because it is impractical.

You guys seem to be thinking of this Patraeus scandal in terms of him not understanding technology. Do any of you really think that he was thinking about technology? At all? This is a guy with immense power, a guy in a position where he is constantly tempted by people at his feet. He was tempted, and he did it. This was not something he thought out. Lizard brain won. That's all this is. And Lizard brain doesn't have time to think through all the consequences.

But I am sure a place like the CIA does.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 08:03 AM)
But I am sure a place like the CIA does.

Of course. I was more making the point about people's ideas on privacy. Mostly, it is protected not because it is secure, but because it is a needle in a haystack. Sort of an aside, though.

Anyway... the General didn't think about this stuff. This wasn't a thought-through thing.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
You know what I think would be awesome, if Obama just nominated Petraeus to head the CIA again and said f*** this scandal, now we know he did something dumb, it's out there, grow up.

This is the term when Obama turns on America, and his evil plot to destroy us is revealed!

Seriously, I believe the good General has a six figure book deal to get to, of which his (ex)wife will receive half. Then a consulting job, a speaking tour, damn, he's going to be too busy to be the head of the CIA.

HeHe, I said head