Marlins trade Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Reyes plus others to Blue Jays

Baron

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

Selig says the #marlins trade is under review

Selig feels for the #marlins fans and will take everything in consideration before making decision

:lol:

White Sox should jump all over Buehrle if it's waived.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 07:42 PM)
Honestly, if money wasn't a factor I would take a Johnson/Reyes/Buehrle deal if we had the prospects for it.
johnson and reyes have injury history, and the reyes contract is brütal. Buehrle unfortunately is not a good fit anymore as the Sox already have 2 lefties.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
Potentially 4.. Sale, Danks, Q, and Santiago.

Any LH pitchers a bad fit..Unless they can somehow trade Danks

Well as of now Gavin and Jake are in the rotation. And I still don't see the issue with 4 lefties in the rotation like some do.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)
Am I the only one that thinks this is a good move for Florida? Those contracts were abysmal and Florida gets talent.

From a strictly baseball standpoint, it definitely sets them up way better for the future. The problem is that all the other stuff overshadows the baseball side of it.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
Am I the only one that thinks this is a good move for Florida? Those contracts were abysmal and Florida gets talent.

Good move from a baseball standpoint, but from a public relations standpoint, and future business model with future potential free agents, they completely f***ed themselves. No self-respecting FA will ever sign there for big bucks, and their already small fanbase is turning on them.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
From a strictly baseball standpoint, it definitely sets them up way better for the future. The problem is that all the other stuff overshadows the baseball side of it.

How does it set them up way better in the future? The fallout alone from this trade is going to cost them. Stanton will leave because there is no way he is going to sign with them. If these players pan out and they want to supplement them down the road with a major free agent, good luck with that. It's not like these prospects are can't miss. I think 1 is a top 100.

If the goal is medicrity and yearly profits, then yes, it has set them up way better in the future. I just think if you get that much in public funds to enhance your private business, you owe the community a lot more than what Loria is doing. MLB should be horrified by this, and Bud should tell Loria it's time he left.