Tigers sign Hunter

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick

Torii Hunter had a .389 batting average on balls in play in 2012. His career BABIP is .307 in 1,947 games. #tigers

In other words, you better hope that giant jump is due to Mike Trout being on base and a HOFer being behind him. If it was just luck, you're going to see those numbers drop.

Let's be real though --

Jackson

Hunter (I guess they'll put him here?)

Cabrera

Fielder

VMart

That's a pretty good start to a lineup if they all play as they expect.

QUOTE (JackTalkThai @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
Do you really think a billionaire owner who's damn near on his death bed gives two $#!!$ about an overpaid 2 year deal? :huh:

I doubt it.

I was merely stating that it seems like an overpay for Hunter, regardless of who is paying. You're right that an owner as such probably doesn't care about overpaying for two years. I doubt he would have gotten that much from many other teams.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 01:20 PM)
I was merely stating that it seems like an overpay for Hunter, regardless of who is paying. You're right that an owner as such probably doesn't care about overpaying for two years. I doubt he would have gotten that much from many other teams.

I'm glad someone else sign this guy "that Kenny always wanted". It's over pay but only for 2 years.

I hope Illitch keeps throwing out money to try and win a championship.... In a few years that organization will be so hamstrung with high end contracts... especially if they're gonna try and lock up Verlander and Scherzer.

He'll keep throwing money and they'll never win a title.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
In other words, you better hope that giant jump is due to Mike Trout being on base and a HOFer being behind him. If it was just luck, you're going to see those numbers drop.

Let's be real though --

Jackson

Cabrera

Fielder

VMart

That IF defense still sucks though.

I hope they continue to keep adding bats and neglect their real issues.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
I hate the Sox have to play second fiddle to the f***ing tigers when it comes to spending $ for a team

I don't want the Sox to be paying Cabrera and Fielder $20 mill into their mid-late-30's. That's bad business

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
I don't want the Sox to be paying Cabrera and Fielder $20 mill into their mid-late-30's. That's bad business

Yeah, Tigers have about a 2-3 years window here before their contracts start to cripple them, unless, of course, the Dodgers swoop in and relieve everyone of bad contracts.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)

Let's be real though --

Jackson

Cabrera

Fielder

VMart

Soooo, who plays 1B? Vmart and Fielder are both 1B/DH. I guess VMart is going back to catcher? He played there full time only one season in the last 5 years pretty much. Does that make Avila available?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
Soooo, who plays 1B? Vmart and Fielder are both 1B/DH. I guess VMart is going back to catcher? He played there full time only one season in the last 5 years pretty much. Does that make Avila available?

I think Martinez will DH a ton.

1. Jackson CF

2. Hunter RF

Cabrera 3B

4. Fielder 1B

5. Martinez DH

6. Peralta SS

7. Avila C

8. Dirks LF

9. Infante 2B