Black Friday

Brian

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
I adore black Friday.

I'd never even heard of Black Friday. But now, this year, thanks to this site, I have.

I had been thinking of getting a smart tv in the new year... I'm tempted to go on Amazon and see what's available. A bit cautious about getting a tv shipped from the U.S. to Ireland, but I suppose it would be up to the sellers to make sure it got here safely?

Also going to peruse the White Sox online shop to pick up a couple of things. Just need to work out what size I am in U.S. fittings. Also, authentic versus replica jersies - what are the major differences and is it worth the price difference to go for the authentic??

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
I'd never even heard of Black Friday. But now, this year, thanks to this site, I have.

I had been thinking of getting a smart tv in the new year... I'm tempted to go on Amazon and see what's available. A bit cautious about getting a tv shipped from the U.S. to Ireland, but I suppose it would be up to the sellers to make sure it got here safely?

Also going to peruse the White Sox online shop to pick up a couple of things. Just need to work out what size I am in U.S. fittings. Also, authentic versus replica jersies - what are the major differences and is it worth the price difference to go for the authentic??

Use amazon.co.uk - they'll be better able to take care of deliveries to Ireland.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
Use amazon.co.uk - they'll be better able to take care of deliveries to Ireland.

Didn't think they'd have a Black Friday thing... turns out they do. :)

Just had a look at a few things on whitesox.com shop. Prices were good, but the extra cost for shipping was fairly sizeable.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
Instead of making a $120 profit on that iPad they made $90 instead. How generous!

My aunt ordered one of those Apple TV things, and even though she only got charged for 1 of them, they sent her a box of 12! I told her to just keep them, or sell them on Ebay for like $50 each, but she said she doesn't want to steal from the company and is returning them. I told her Apple can surely afford to take a 0.00000000001% loss in product, and she was horrified I would ever think like that.

Psh, religious people. Always trying to do the right thing and all. It's crazy! lol

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)
My aunt ordered one of those Apple TV things, and even though she only got charged for 1 of them, they sent her a box of 12! I told her to just keep them, or sell them on Ebay for like $50 each, but she said she doesn't want to steal from the company and is returning them. I told her Apple can surely afford to take a 0.00000000001% loss in product, and she was horrified I would ever think like that.

Psh, religious people. Always trying to do the right thing and all. It's crazy! lol

Tell her you'll take them back for her. Save her the hassle, caring nephew that you are. :thumbsup:

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)
So Amazon just had a gold box TV deal. I was in in under one second of the deal starting and it was already sold out.

That s*** is driving me nuts this year. By the time you look at the product and determine if you want it or not, it's already gone.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 07:57 PM)
That s*** is driving me nuts this year. By the time you look at the product and determine if you want it or not, it's already gone.

Same thing happened to me last year with a tablet. This is why you need a better internet connection.

A few friends and I were watching Black Friday videos for fun. The running joke was that these people are killing each other for the right to buy something. Videos of people biting each other and fist fighting... The s*** isn't even free and people are fighting. Consumerism is a motherf***er.

Gamestop sells used copies of most games for about $35 everyday. There's no difference between a used copy and new copy of a video game. People crazy!